How long does your club take to post competition results

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My old club would publish to howdidido competition results on the same day as they finished. If ever not it would always be at 7am the next morning.

Now it seems at my new club you could wait several days to a week...

I left on Saturday after holding the club house lead and must admit I have been waiting to get the email to say results published, but from past experience it could be a long wait!

So interested to know how efficient your clubs are at getting the results up and sent out/put on the web.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had our finalised results email for Saturday's comp sent out at 18.05 on Sat.

My old club used to take some time (even with How Did I Do) but new club (uses IG) is always on top of things.

PS - I left clubhouse leader as well. Turns out I won ;-)

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Ours are always published 5 or 6 o’clock the same day, they have often been published by the time I get home.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Usually the same night.

Delays are at your clubs end, clearly doing the cards when it suits them as apposed to after the competition.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Late the same day or first thing the next day. That is excellent in my eyes.

Assuming the comp sec is a volunteer people need to give them a bit of leeway, they are allowed lives outside of golf, particularly if the comp is a busy one. A week is too much though. I would say by end of Monday is about right.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine ranges from same day to up to a week later. TBF the week for results was just the once and they are usually up by Monday morning at the latest, our issue is that it seems only one person does the results and with him being a a fireman on shift it will depend on when he can get down.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I know your pain... Our comps are over the weekend, so both Saturday and Sunday, but usually the results are posted on Tuesday, sometimes Monday.

I had a great round on Saturday and will probably win the comp but more importantly, I'll be in single figures for the first time and I want to know for sure what my exact will be. By my calculations it will be 8.9 but it all depends on the CSS and I suppose, whether an ESR kicks in or not... So frustrating!

D

Deleted member 18588

The following morning.

Considering, in the summer, we have 150 - 160 entrants and the last ones don't finish until 7.30 to 8.00 p.m. plus it has to be checked that there is an actual card returned as well as a score on the computer l reckon that is pretty good.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Live leaderboards are always nice, you pretty much know the result (until you failed to sign your card as get DQ'D) normally that evening at worse next morning. Handicap sec is good very good at ours.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours vary- just really when handicap convenor for the day has time to do it but usually fairly prompt- either that night or day before. rarely is it anymore than a couple of days

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ours has been updated, the comp was over saturday and sunday so not too bad at all

Great news for me I won it and cut a couple of shots, better than the dross I played all summer.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We run several competitions a week and it will depend on the comp and ay it is played.
Seniors comp Monday within about an hour of the last players returning their cards.
Ladies Tuesday the same.
Club Thursday Comp normally on Friday
Club Friday comp will depend on whether or not the office is open on a Saturday
Saturday, Sunday and some Friday comps by Monday morning or afternoon depending on the number of comps over the weekend.

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have noticed some clubs have a LIVE Feature on HDID and there results are posted as soon as you enter them into the Comp. Unfortunately this feature isn't turned on/paid for at our club so we are usually on a Monday for a weekend comp, and the next day for a midweek medal.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
We use Master Scoreboard for our results etc. and there is a live leaderboard facility that show results as soon as they are entered into the club's computer. This can be accessed through a phone app or any computer.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
At our club the results are usually the same day or the day after. As has been said above, the handicap committee all volunteers so have other lives but they all do their bit pretty well.