How long does an 18 hole motocaddy Lithium battery last!!!!

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know you will all be saying duh 18 holes but like an idiot I have forgot to charge mine after it's 1st use (not used to this electric trolley malarky yet) and have a 9 hole lesson today- will it last? Don't fancy humphing it round the course if not :-/

It's a Motocaddy M3 pro Lithium..... I played 17 holes the other day which took 3.5 hours and walked in... the battery should be 'fresh' as it's 1st use- could I get another 9 holes out of it?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I know you will all be saying duh 18 holes but like an idiot I have forgot to charge mine after it's 1st use (not used to this electric trolley malarky yet) and have a 9 hole lesson today- will it last? Don't fancy humphing it round the course if not :-/

It's a Motocaddy M3 pro Lithium..... I played 17 holes the other day which took 3.5 hours and walked in... the battery should be 'fresh' as it's 1st use- could I get another 9 holes out of it?

I get about 24/26 holes out of mine (same model) but that's in one go, i would imagine you would get less if its been left for a day or so.

D

Deleted member 1147

I managed 36 holes with my Motocaddy Lithium battery, which is about 5 years old now.
I'm not aware that it's anything other than the standard battery (ie not a 36 hole battery), it certainly has no branding to say otherwise.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I managed 36 holes with my Motocaddy Lithium battery, which is about 5 years old now.
I'm not aware that it's anything other than the standard battery (ie not a 36 hole battery), it certainly has no branding to say otherwise.

Mine says 18s on it

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
So probably touch no go whether I make it or not? hmmm think i'll give it a miss our 9th is pretty far from clubhouse

no way you can just plug it in for 10 mins. will make a difference.

When I played 36 hole comps i get the pro shop to give the battery a charge while having lunch, always got me round the 2nd round no probs.

As R3 says, most pro's will take a buggy for a course lesson, saves them time more than anything and not wasting valuable lesson time walking.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

I always put my battery on the passenger seat after a round, never in the boot its too easy to forget it there.
I had to push mine for 13 holes round Cawder GC after it cut out, so it should be no problem for a young buck like you. :thup:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Will depend on course, conditions, weight of bag/gear and how it is used.

It should also be recharged straight away.

Surprising you didn't get round to it as from the responses to various threads on batteries absolutely no one ever ever fails to put it on charge immediately they get home!

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was amateur hour on my part wasn't used to charging then meant to do it last night... Lesson learned.

Thankfully you guys were correct were out in a buggy

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was amateur hour on my part wasn't used to charging then meant to do it last night... Lesson learned.

Thankfully you guys were correct were out in a buggy

I apologise for the quip but couldn't resist - whenever there's a battery thread there's a unilateral 'never in 5 years have I ever etc etc etc...

We all do it - occasionally, and in moderation, any sins against the perfect battery management and storage gods won't be a total disaster.

I'm sure you will enjoy the trolley once you are used to it - coming from a clicgear I took time to stop it where it wouldn't roll away (having been used to a brake)

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk

Taking the Renex Trophy seriously I see :funk::putt: