how long are you set over the ball, before you hit it ?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What are we talking about? The time it takes to address and hit or the time once you are good to go and actually pull the trigger.

YamiKuriboh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm pretty quick with general shots. Seem to take an age on tee shots though thinking about where I want the ball to go. Probably why i'm such a lousy putter!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is one of the proposed 2019 Rule changes. A player will now be time limited as to how long it takes to play a shot (40 seconds total time from arrival at the ball, from memory)

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I am probably fairly slow at hitting the all. I need about 10s to find the right stand, then another 10 to have a slow test and then to hit it. But I make up for it by getting there quickly. And I put in a short time.

What really slows me down is needing 50% more shots than other people.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have a guy that will take anything from 42-49 seconds over the ball once addressed. No idea what is going on in his head. Funny thing is between shots and he moves quickly from shot to shot. Personally I'd want to take no more than 10 seconds after addressing. Too much thinking time is no good for me

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
5-10 seconds Driver to lob wedge. But when it comes to putter I just get stuck I reckon 15-20 seconds in reality but it can feel like a minute sometimes. No one has ever mentioned it which makes me think it's not as long as it sometimes feels.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've never really thought about. From Start to Finish. Stand behind the ball for a couple of seconds to choose my line. Up to ball, one practice swing, settle behind the ball and hit it. Start to finish I would guess about 15-20 seconds. I've worked out that's about 20-30 minutes a round (based on an 85 shot round).