How do you think your first round will go?

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So much time off the course and once lockdown ends/eases, we’ll be rushing back to the course.

Reckon my first round back will be abysmal though ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If I don't shoot the lights out I'm going to throw a real strop....

Yeah right...I'll be happy to get round with the same ball and it's quite hard to lose one there...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So much time off the course and once lockdown ends/eases, we’ll be rushing back to the course.

Reckon my first round back will be abysmal though ?
That was my first thought which is why I posted about hitting the range for a few sessions first. I am also worried how bad I might be (I wasn't playing well before lockdown) and can't see it being any fun chopping it around. As it's social golf for the foreseeable anyway I know I shouldn't be bothered but I am

Grizzly

Visit site
I'm looking forward to playing but dreading how I will probably play. Came at the worst time for me, in that I was almost looking like I knew a little bit about what I was trying to do for the first time since I returned to the game when this all kicked off.

D

Deleted member 1147

Over the years I’ve got used to having long breaks and then coming back, so I assume it’ll be pretty much like normal

5OTT

Visit site
Put it this way, my bag is still at the club and i have no idea how many balls are in it, i'm going to take two sleeves to be on the safe side.

Tha'ts how little confidence i have in the first round back.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
That was my first thought which is why I posted about hitting the range for a few sessions first. I am also worried how bad I might be (I wasn't playing well before lockdown) and can't see it being any fun chopping it around. As it's social golf for the foreseeable anyway I know I shouldn't be bothered but I am

Well, opening up the golf range looks like it will come a poor second to opening the golf courses. You might need to wait a while before you play, if you want to practice first.

Me? It won't be any different. I am guessing scoring around 85 off a 10 handicap.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well, opening up the golf range looks like it will come a poor second to opening the golf courses. You might need to wait a while before you play, if you want to practice first.

Me? It won't be any different. I am guessing scoring around 85 off a 10 handicap.
Very possibly. I am hoping the club will open the practice ground and space the bays to comply with social distancing. Worse case scenario I'll look for a late tee time when hopefully demand will be less and if I play crap won't be in danger of holding people up.