How do you mark yours?

D

Deleted member 1147

One of my playing partners does the strangest thing I've seen on this topic.

He actually writes the words "golf ball" on the ball!

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use the "Line 'Em Up" gizmo that leaves a thin line round one side of the ball to help line up puts, either in black or red ink.

I am also a 'Line 'em Up' guy.

It helps with the putting and means I don't need to lift my ball fot identification purposes as I can usually always see the line.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Being a Driving Instructor (Cars not clubs!) I put a small red L next to the number on both sides. Shouldn't be any others with that. Unlikely to mark your ball the same as your playing partners but possible..

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
I mark mine with a :) next to the number on my titleist, and when I place the ball on the tee I have it so the number is facing me and I keep my vision on the number through the swing as this helps me from looking for the ball before I have hit it.

Quiet_Whisky

Medal Winner
Visit site
3 dots and a stem next to each number. Currently a black shamrock but I quite like fabio7007's idea of a green one. Will wait until I need a new pen!!!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Started using the line 'em up on my Titleist for my tee shots (but not for my putts). Extend it half way round the ball in red pen and use it to aim. Seen a dramatic improvement in the driving since doing this (56% to 68%) and another four red dots makes sure I can identify the ball from every angle.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Four black dots - 2 each side of the alignment mark already on the ball. (Or, at least I've always thought it's an alignment mark where it says, for example, << warbird >> ??)

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Red line (at least until that pen runs out) All the way around the ball. I've got a Dave Pelz centrifuge (yes they did sell ONE!) :D I need all the help i can get with putting. Interestingly it NEVER falls on the makers line.