How do you mark your ball?

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Red and a blue dot on either side usually above Titleist, Srixon or whatever ball gets pulled.

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Delb I would insist you put a mark on your ball if I was playing against you like I do to anyone I play a match against

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
DelB stands, Sharpie in hand, waiting on a definitive decision.............................:mmm:

I reckon you should mark it "no mark" :). Then if somebody is looking for it you can tell them its got no mark on it :)

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So you think you have no need to mark your ball as no-one else could possibly have the same kind of ball? Can we have a few tales where that hasn't worked out?

You still have to identify your ball tbough Del.

Delb I would insist you put a mark on your ball if I was playing against you like I do to anyone I play a match against

I reckon you should mark it "no mark" :). Then if somebody is looking for it you can tell them its got no mark on it :)

Thanks Scott. Very helpful. :thup:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This is one of those stupid grey areas in the Rules.
There is no requirement to mark your ball - the Rules (and Rosie) strongly suggest that you do but it's not a necessity.
But if you hit the ball into the first cut of rough and it is, even for a millisecond, out of sight, you cannot positively identify the ball as yours unless there is a mark of some sort on it.
So no requirement to mark but if you don't you can't positively identify and get penalised......

Why Oh Why doesn't the R&A just say "must" instead of "should" mark the ball - problem solved.

I use a ring around the number - normally black.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I dont bother usually, I just say what it is I am using, rarely has a playing partner had the same and if so then I will just change mine to something else.

Occasionally it will have a line and LFC in sharpie somewhere on it

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I dont bother usually, I just say what it is I am using, rarely has a playing partner had the same and if so then I will just change mine to something else.

Occasionally it will have a line and LFC in sharpie somewhere on it

Is there no possibility that you might stray onto another fairway where someone you have never met or spoken to is playing the same ball and number as you?