How do you know it's genuine?

Timbo

Medal Winner
Visit site
So I decided to buy a used Odyssey 2 Ball from Ebay, and when it arrived I was really pleased with it, until a colleague asked how I could be sure it's genuine! That started me thinking as I don't know!!

Can anyone enlighten me how to tell it's real? It has what appears to be a serial no. etched onto the sole, is this correct, and could I use it to check on the validity of the club?

Thanks guys.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice one Timbo, let's hope it's real! I don't know about Odyssey but Callaway have etched serial numbers. I'm sure that they'll be plenty of folk with these on here. Good luck.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Timbo, have you tried it yet? I read a similar story a while ago. A bloke bought a new putter from ebay and putted like Tiger for weeks with it until he found out it was fake he then turned into Sergio on the last day of a major.

And yes you should have a serial number on it.

Timbo

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thanks Guys. It seems genuine, and appears to be of good quality (sharp lettering, good paint work, standard black/white hash grip and an etched ser no with a little monogram next to it).

The seller seemed ok too with good feedback. He claimed to be selling his gear as a bad back had forced him to quit, with his other sale items backing that up (a set of irons, couple of Vokey wedges and a bag), not 15 2-ball putters!!

I'm pretty confident it's pucker, just wanted to make sure!

Timbo

Medal Winner
Visit site
I've just called Calloway, and they said that the serial no matches the club in all respects (type and shaft length), but that cannot be used as authentication.

To be honest, that will do for me, as everything else fits, but Calloway did say that I could send it back to them and they'd check it for me for free, just the cost of the P+P.

Medal Winner
Visit site
hello timbo,is it the two ball XG model.I have one the
grip is red and black with XG on the sides and odyssey
down the flat at the front.Mine as a ten number ser number
on the sole.The shaf as a sticker on saying true temper
finest quality.Mine came from a very well known golf
shop in salford hopr this helps.
3636 billy

Timbo

Medal Winner
Visit site
Mind fully at rest, as I have just compared it to another one at the club, and they are identical (apart from the serial no!), so I'm quite happy.

But now I feel guilty of doubting the poor chap I bought it from!!!!!!