How Do I Play this Shot

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Had time at the club this evening so made a little video playing this type of short sided shot from the rough.

60 wedge fat sole 11 bounce. pops them out nice and lands soft.

[video=youtube;wkBvAoSk85s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkBvAoSk85s[/video]

D

Deleted member 16999

Had time at the club this evening so made a little video playing this type of short sided shot from the rough.

60 wedge fat sole 11 bounce. pops them out nice and lands soft.

[video=youtube;wkBvAoSk85s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkBvAoSk85s[/video]
Are you standing open to the target? Is the end of the club pointing at your buckle or lower?
Impressive results😃

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Are you standing open to the target? Is the end of the club pointing at your buckle or lower?
Impressive results��

Yes standing open, ball forward of centre. Face open. Handle i'd say is an inch or two lower than its natural lie angle. Hands a touch behind the ball. Hit a bit behind the ball and club slips in and does the rest. don't quit on it half way back then accelerate through.

You don't need to go overboard with the lowering of the handle unless you are looking to get very cute with it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hands behind the ball is very similar to the linear method, especially the letting the club hit behind and slide under. At least your way looks far more natural than mine and as long as it works then good luck with it. Not for the faint hearted though

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If it s stableford my Advice to you would be just pick it up and march on to the next hole cozy your probably not going to make a point anyway. Play the flop shot

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If it was a game with mates would probably play the high flop and pray for a slam dunk :)
In a qualifier I would take a 52 wedge, short backswing and long followthrough so it pitched onto the fringe and rolled out.