How do I complain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pm one of the mods. I'm sure they'll give you a reason.
What he said ^^^^^^^

Sometimes an explanation is given, ideally. Sometimes the mod concerned is about to go to bed, go out, do something, and they don't have time. I'd have thought it would be quite obvious though on the whole. If we are talking about the Trump thread...............

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
What he said ^^^^^^^

Sometimes an explanation is given, ideally. Sometimes the mod concerned is about to go to bed, go out, do something, and they don't have time. I'd have thought it would be quite obvious though on the whole. If we are talking about the Trump thread...............
Yes it was about Trumps legal problems and didn't step over the line into politics for 47 posts.
All civilised and respectful.

Sadly, 2 or 3 people crossed the line and made it political.
But instead of giving warnings to the 2 or 3, the whole thread is locked so nobody can carry on with the discussion in a civilised way and I think it's wrong, being treated like a child who can't be trusted.
Trump's guilty verdict is something historical that's never happened before and could effect the whole world, and to say we can't discuss it I think is wrong.
I know the forum has rules and they should be followed but to close a thread because it might get political is out of order.
In my opinion.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
@bobmac I suspect the timing of the lock had some relevance. Did the mod want to stay up deleting, advising, monitoring etc or did they just want to go to bed knowing no more harm could be done?

We had also given quite a bit of leeway up to that point, accepting what you said, in that whilst Trump is a politician, this was not necessarily a purely political incident. The discussion had been good, it was possible to separate the moment and politics and so it was left untouched.

Unfortunately politics and political comment then reared its head 😔.

If we reopened the thread, how long before it goes down that path again? It's a nice day, sun is out, it's Saturday. We don't want to be monitoring a thread that has problem stamped all over it. It was a thread that was always going to have a short shelf life, time to move on.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes it was about Trumps legal problems and didn't step over the line into politics for 47 posts.
All civilised and respectful.

Sadly, 2 or 3 people crossed the line and made it political.
But instead of giving warnings to the 2 or 3, the whole thread is locked so nobody can carry on with the discussion in a civilised way and I think it's wrong, being treated like a child who can't be trusted.
Trump's guilty verdict is something historical that's never happened before and could effect the whole world, and to say we can't discuss it I think is wrong.
I know the forum has rules and they should be followed but to close a thread because it might get political is out of order.
In my opinion.

It’s been said many times that politics is zero tolerance, so the threads shouldn’t have been allowed at all IMO if you take the rules how they have been applied.

It was discussed whether the GE can be discussed, but a flat no “incase” it got out of hand.

I’d be more for punishing the offenders rather than a blanket ban, but I don’t make the rules.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It’s been said many times that politics is zero tolerance, so the threads shouldn’t have been allowed at all IMO if you take the rules how they have been applied.

It was discussed whether the GE can be discussed, but a flat no “incase” it got out of hand.

I’d be more for punishing the offenders rather than a blanket ban, but I don’t make the rules.
Except there is a very valid and important non-political discussion about the rule of law and acceptance of the verdict of a jury - and the implications for a society when verdicts of a jury or decisions of judges are challenged or undermined - especially by some in the media and by politicians.

And it’s not just over the pond…because we know that in this country we have in the past been taken into that territory - and it’s not a good place to be. I watch what’s happening ‘over there’ with trepidation…we must not be complacent.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Folks, I think the point has been explained, the process shown. Thread locked now before it starts to become a debate on what is and what is not allowed and whether that should be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.