How Close Are You To Leaving?

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm off. Becoming a dad this year has certainly stopped me getting value for money. Also starting to get annoyed with the no booked tee times, never thought I'd say that but the few times I've turned up for a knock this year I've been stuck behind a few groups waiting which could be avoided by having a booked tee times.

Thought Id found the perfect club to move to, much cheaper as you buy credits to spend on a round, suits me at the moment, but I've since found out all comps are drawn, don't fancy that and would rather play with mates.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Very!!!
I like my club and course and I have a lot of friends there. I just don’t play or practice enough to justify membership. To get there of an evening I have to drive through a busy town (can take 30/45 minutes compared to about 20/25 usually). Warrington would be great, but same travel problems would apply.
Blundells Hill is only 15 minutes in any traffic from me, Mersey Valley about 10 and Fiddlers Ferry only £400 per year, but more of a driving range course about 10 also.
Emailed Blundells today. Says All 18 open (only 12 at ours) on their website and it’s supposed to drain well.
Decisions decisions decisions

I heard a rumour that Widnes golf club were thinking about buying it, Karl.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Im tinkering with leaving both clubs again, chances are i'll keep both on. Can't see my leaving Wallasey unless I get skinto. I just wish I could play it more.

My home club is more under threat due to personal reasons at the club but it's 1.5 miles from my door and the best of the 2 in my town. Alternative is join 1 of 3 near my work, Falkirk Tryst, Carmuirs or Glenbervie but Glenbervie annual fee and joining fee is too rich I feel for the course (as nice as it is).

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I've 2.5 months left at my current club, and I will be hugely disappointed to leave. The championship course at Cruden Bay is superb. Its got some really tough holes, and some holes you can pick shots up on. Its a very fair test of golf, and there's some major changes in the programme for the next year. And then there's the St Olaf 9 hole course in the middle, which has some fantastic greens. Great clubhouse with superb food and a good bar. And then there's the view from the lounge windows!

If only it was near a major airport, somewhere near where our children live, I'd keep country membership.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've 2.5 months left at my current club, and I will be hugely disappointed to leave. The championship course at Cruden Bay is superb. Its got some really tough holes, and some holes you can pick shots up on. Its a very fair test of golf, and there's some major changes in the programme for the next year. And then there's the St Olaf 9 hole course in the middle, which has some fantastic greens. Great clubhouse with superb food and a good bar. And then there's the view from the lounge windows!

If only it was near a major airport, somewhere near where our children live, I'd keep country membership.

it is near a major Airport?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I heard from a member that Widnes is shutting down, or maybe going to a 9 hole course. With all the members moving over to Blundells

Same here.

Selling half the land to a developer, keeping 9 for the older members who don't want to move. Buying Blundells, but only if they can be all of the land, not just the 13 or more holes that they do own the land on. Allegedly....

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
And Alicante and Alemeria have direct flights to Manchester, London, East Mids & Newcastle where our children live. Do I really want to fly into Aberdeen, then fly onto one of the above? Don't be silly.

But if you leave how are you going to sign me on next year?

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Same here.

Selling half the land to a developer, keeping 9 for the older members who don't want to move. Buying Blundells, but only if they can be all of the land, not just the 13 or more holes that they do own the land on. Allegedly....

How would that affect it or the members ?!? More investment? Harder to get in comps?!? Gonna have hit with Dave (vikingman)soon...
Anybody in the NW played Poulton Park?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How would that affect it or the members ?!? More investment? Harder to get in comps?!? Gonna have hit with Dave (vikingman)soon...
Anybody in the NW played Poulton Park?

Do you mean the land?

I think Blundells own about 2/3rds of the course the land is over, except 5 or 6 holes, and I think if Widnes go for it, they want to own all of the land that the course is on.

No not played Poulton.