How Close Are You To Leaving?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was 35 years at a club until earlier this year! Life's too short ... If you're asking the question then don't waste time making the decision, just go!

I've too have been a full member at my club for 35 years.
In the past I've been tempted to move on to a supposedly better club.

But I have so many good long time and new friends where I am, plus I can get a invite to most clubs in the area, if I wish/ ask.
But this year IMHO my course was the best in the area.:whoo:

Bonus for me is being over 65 and having paid full fees for over 25years, I qualify for a 50% fee reduction, roughly the same as new under 30year old member would pay.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
I've too have been a full member at my club for 35 years.
In the past I've been tempted to move on to a supposedly better club.

But I have so many good long time and new friends where I am, plus I can get a invite to most clubs in the area, if I wish/ ask.
But this year IMHO my course was the best in the area.:whoo:

Bonus for me is being over 65 and having paid full fees for over 25years, I qualify for a 50% fee reduction, roughly the same as new under 30year old member would pay.

Nice to read it works both ways 👍

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
True. If there are niggles and you are questioning why, then whatever the issues are have gone too far and it's time to move on

Sure I get that. But I've spent the last 2 years battling to get comp rules in place, increased the amount of comps available, and worked my nutz off for the place. To just chuck it all in is not my way. The challenge would be to get the course back to how it was when I joined. But I would need support.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sure I get that. But I've spent the last 2 years battling to get comp rules in place, increased the amount of comps available, and worked my nutz off for the place. To just chuck it all in is not my way. The challenge would be to get the course back to how it was when I joined. But I would need support.

If your going to get the support then it will be worth it, if your not then it's pointless.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've put feelers out last night. Loved Baildon BTW! Magic gate and all. Great members there.

Unfortunately I've now left - due to me not having the time rather than anything else. Fantastic club, great members and such a quality (if a tad difficult) course. I think the members make the club, made me feel very welcome. Always good to hear people say nice things about it though. Cheers.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking more and more likely that I’ll be leaving and it’ll be wholesale change, house, job, golf club and country - just waiting on references now after second interview on Tuesday.

Starting to worry I might actually have to go through with it!