How Close Are You To Leaving?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
That's one of the reasons we jumped to Whipsnade last month...
By the summer they may have a joining fee back in place....

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Closer than I ever have been.

Course is great, however, head being turned by local club that has had piles of money invested in the right areas. The course is lusher, so fairways are nicer, as well as better rough to play out of, as well as a layout that I think is better

Tempted to join as a 2nd club, as my membership there would be cheap as chips

If you are talking about All Saints at Fornham apparently there was a certain number of waved joining on fee's until they started charging,that was a few months back but not sure if all the places have gone.I'm looking to join there in the spring.

D

Deleted member 15717

If you are talking about All Saints at Fornham apparently there was a certain number of waved joining on fee's until they started charging,that was a few months back but not sure if all the places have gone.I'm looking to join there in the spring.

Exactly where I am looking. In a bit of a conundrum about it all!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I love everything about my place, but would have left this year if nothing were done about a couple of handicap cheats.

Thankfully they were dealt with and they're upset enough over it to not renew this year, so I'll be staying put.

Odd you should say that, but I questioned on here about a couple of family bandits at our place last year. The bottom line on here was that I was told that people can have good games week after week after week etc etc etc.
It seems that I was not the only one at our place that had the same thoughts coz someone has said summat to them after one of them was seen doing summat naughty/ cheating and they are no longer playing at our place. Summat as " small" as this can upset members.

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have finally left, despite the course starting to take a turn for the better the 4th green has been out of commission for the entire year and the proposed practice area turned out to be nothing.

I had an operation in April that saw me miss a chunk of the season and upon returning to fitness I realised I wasnt fully invested in the course and was actually playing more with a few of the lads from work at their local course. Despite it being a 50 mile round trip the practice facilities are better and the course is in top condition.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm now about 3 weeks away from moving back to my old course.

Money (a lot of) has been spent on draining at our current place yet the course hasn't improved.
Not enough comps for my liking.
Course just not special enough to keep me there.

Very much looking forward to moving back.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Where are you now and how old are you. What do you currently pay?

Am 37, play at Hersham GC which costs around £900. It's one of the cheapest in the area and I only live 5 mins away so convenient given I don't have the time to play as much.

Considering becoming a nomad at the end of my membership and spending the money on playing different courses.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No thoughts about leaving whatsoever. One of the best courses in the area, and it only takes me 5 minutes to walk to the course!

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No thoughts about leaving whatsoever. One of the best courses in the area, and it only takes me 5 minutes to walk to the course!

If I lived a tad closer I would join you there, as its an absolute gem, apart from the 17th which drives me insane

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not even close to leaving. There is no standout course in the area so I certainly won't be changing like for like. I'm tempted though to join felixstowe as a second club and play it through the winter.

Our place has a Reciprocal with Felixstowe. I was looking forward to a few winter rounds there on the links myself, but Felixstowe withdrew the agreement for the winter months! Possibly they feared an influx of parkland golfers.
On the subject of leaving, It's 5 mins down the road for me and a nice course. I can't see me leaving anytime soon.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Am 37, play at Hersham GC which costs around £900. It's one of the cheapest in the area and I only live 5 mins away so convenient given I don't have the time to play as much.

Considering becoming a nomad at the end of my membership and spending the money on playing different courses.

Sounds like a plan. What about their 5 day option (option 2) for £170??

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If I lived a tad closer I would join you there, as its an absolute gem, apart from the 17th which drives me insane

The 17th is a peculiar one. On paper it's not a difficult hole. However, I've found myself in plenty of trouble on that hole. I've had everything from a birdie to an 8 on that hole!

Where's home for you Siren?

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Im sandwiched right between Cardiff and Swansea in the Valleys.

I have just joined Pontardowe golf club as its close to work and a few work friends play there but only until April. After that I honestly dont know yet

ChrisB0210

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I joined Huddersfield in November and am absolutely loving it. All aspects on and off course are better than Elland. The fees are twice as much, but things like free range/practice balls and better practice facilities means that I will get better value as I have no need to practice elsewhere as long as I can fit in practice in daylight hours.

I will leave Elland at the end of June as I'd paid my subs for the full year. No one reason behind my decision, but a number of things have contributed including some trouble over another member that people decided to involve me in, decisions taken around clubhouse and course matters that I did not (and still don't) agree with. Add to that a course where conditions have noticeably deteriorated in the last couple of years and enough is enough. I also know that these reasons, plus issues over winter comps have made a number of other members think about their futures, so there could be a few more departing before long.

I'Ll play the odd comp there up to my leaving date but prioritising and concentrating on Huddersfield in the main.

needmoreclub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Similar dilemma, been at my current club for a long long time. Unfortunately we are toiling at best, membership very poor due to various things, course not in great nick, staff reduced to bare minimum, clubhouse only open 4 days a week and then only until 4pm. Great bunch of guys but now comps only attract 30 at best. Some nice courses nearby but feel that jumping ship could cause bigger problems for the club as this would involve several of us going.

ChrisB0210

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Huddersfield looks nice mate. I'll bet the increase in membership cost was a bit sharp!
Yeah, it is, but definitely worth it. Huddersfield has better facilities, including dedicated practice areas which are free for members to use. Our local range closed in late November and I had a range card which got me a better rate if I topped up £100 a time. Generally topped that up twice a year... :whistle: so that saving, plus a few others from stepping away from Elland mean it costs me about £300 more a year for a better course that tends to only need to close when the weather is absolutely terrible. Already made some good friends too, which helps!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Similar dilemma, been at my current club for a long long time. Unfortunately we are toiling at best, membership very poor due to various things, course not in great nick, staff reduced to bare minimum, clubhouse only open 4 days a week and then only until 4pm. Great bunch of guys but now comps only attract 30 at best. Some nice courses nearby but feel that jumping ship could cause bigger problems for the club as this would involve several of us going.

I understand your loyalty but surely you have to be somewhere for your money that you enjoy and represents value for money