Holing bunker shots

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I don't think I ever holed a bunker shot, not even from the practice bunker. Every time I get it out of the bunker and onto the green is a win for me.

But I did hole a very long chip (more like a low punch shot from out under trees) with my five iron from about 75 yards out for my first ever birdie. That was kind of cool ... it just kept rolling and rolling, like it was pulled on a string towards the hole. Greens are overrated. So are fairways. ;)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When I was in my prime I would hole more than my fair share of bunker shots and short chips.
It made up for lack of long putts holed

In one memorable scratch match I holed my third short chip of the game to win on the 18th.
My opponent, who played much better golf, was pretty pissed about that.

Holed full shots from off the green with a driver, 4 wood, and all irons except 1, 2 and 3. [two albatross's in there with a driver and 7 iron]

Last edited:

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
1 - a long time ago playing at Penina in Portugal. Close a few times since, but none that did the honourable thing and dropped in!

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I've holed one, got a bit of advice and hit a few practice shots out of a bunker the week before, then got one a few days later, it was only for par though 😂

Dellboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Done it twice this year, first time was a lovely shot, a couple of bounces and dropped into hole, second time I thined it, came out at very high speed, hit flag about 3 foot up and dropped straight down into hole.