Holing bunker shots

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
OK, so to follow on from my eagle thread, holing bunker shots is waaaaaaaay rarer for me, despite probably having more opportunities than I do for eagles!

2 in my whole time playing, both when abroad in Spain.

How do you get on?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
More often than eagles that's for sure, although that would not be at all difficult. I probably get 2-3 per year. Easier and more likely than a hole in one as you are closer to the hole. Not easy, easier (big difference :D)

D

Deleted member 21258

Think I have only ever had one, a long time ago :(

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
Good question, as was the eagle question.

Holed one on the first at Stowmarket against my mother in law for birdie. She wasn't impressed. Good job it went in, it would have finished a long way past the whole.

Have only ever holed out from a bunker one other time. It spun 4 inches to the right and rolled in.

As long as I give myself a great shout to finish with one putt after a green-side bunker shot, I am happy.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
More joy here for me than for eagles. Had two in consecutive weeks earlier this season. One was at a comp in Formby and won me about £25 from the 2's pot.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nairn has quite deep pot bunkers and the green staff have been instructed to rake sand up the face so you end up plugged in the face more often than not, so just please to get it out most of the time. Though i did hole a couple in medals at the start of the season

GreggerKBR

Head Pro
Visit site
Nope. Never happened for me. Plenty of Eagles and x2 Ace's in my time but not holed out from bunker.

TBH I very rarely go in them, we don't have many at Cottesmore and those we have are best avoided!
Played Royal St Georges yesterday so spent a bit of time brushing up my sand skills. Time wasted!
I only found 1-bunker the whole round and couldn't play for the flag anyway (but made sand-save!)...!

How about longest hole-outs?
I've got 138, 122, 118, 98, 85 and quite a few inside 60.

Another question is this

Has anyone ever made a gross birdie playing 3 from the tee...
I met a chap yesterday who can claim that!
Very very rare! Mind boggles.

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com

Another question is this

I remember my first hole out as it was my first birdie. I'd only been playing 6 months and I topped my second, then topped my third but it rolled in from about 100 yards.

Longest hole out was from 190 with a 4 iron. Pitched about 3 feet from flag and rolled in like a putt.

Gross birdie playing 3 from the tee;
I can't have come close to that at all. Not even sure if I've converted many pars from that situation.

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Been playing for about 3yrs now and if my memory serves me right I've managed it twice, although I do hole 'flop shots' quite a lot, it's one of my strong points...

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A lot more times fro me that getting eagles. There again I go in bunkers more often than I get on to a green in less than regulation.

I once was accused of deliberately going in to bunkers and getting up and down to win extra money in 'bits'.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am fairly good at getting out of greenside bunkers and usually leave a good chance of getting down. Don't hole many out but have done a fair number of times, had a slam dunk on one once.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nope. Never happened for me. Plenty of Eagles and x2 Ace's in my time but not holed out from bunker.

TBH I very rarely go in them, we don't have many at Cottesmore and those we have are best avoided!
Played Royal St Georges yesterday so spent a bit of time brushing up my sand skills. Time wasted!
I only found 1-bunker the whole round and couldn't play for the flag anyway (but made sand-save!)...!

Another question is this

Does he claim three off the tee, straight into the hole on a par 4? Or into the hole in in two on a par 5?,