• YES

Votes: 34 32.7%
  • UNDECIDED

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I guess folk may change their minds BUT, currently who is thinking they'll have a trip abroad (holiday or golf) this year?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Me and HID was talking about this today. We’d love a holiday this year but being realistic with the plague still about, insurance premiums are going to be high and most destinations will have limited restaurants and restrictions in place. We’ve decide a city break / long weekend nearer the end of the year maybe, but we’ll save for a bucket list holiday for 2022.

I have made it clear golf breaks are exempt from restrictions but would limit that to weekends in the uk instead of fly aways.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have Portugal booked for September this year. Have had a golf week out there every year since 2001 with the exception of 2020 and really want to get back. Will postpone again if things are still dodgy or if there's a two week hotel stay in Birmingham awaiting me, but I'm hopeful that western europe will be relatively ok by the autumn. Must admit I'm a bit worried about Portugal's links to Brazil but will have to wait and see.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Booked a self catering place in the Cotswolds in June, will be looking for something similar in Sussex / Kent for a week in September.

We decided that we wouldnt go abroad again until things are approaching normal at the every least.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got a rearranged golf trip in May which i expect won't happen and overseas holiday in August to Canaries. I'm sort of working on the basis that either vaccines have been successful by then so can go as low counts in both places, or it's cancelled as the world has massive issues if this vaccination program isn't having a significant impact.

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have had two trips cancelled already this year for March and May (booked last summer with the over-optimistic attitude that "it will surely be fine by then"). Just booked Cyprus for September and I think I'm a little more confident that one may actually happen. Hoping to be able to travel for work as well by the end of the year.

Plan to just keep booking stuff but with low expectations and bookings that can be cancelled, at some point everything will open back up slowly and when it does I'd like to have some trips booked both UK and abroad.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It’s a yes for two reasons.
1, we had a trip planned to Normandy last sept which was rebooked to this April and changed last week to sept.
2, a RBL trip is planned for this October to Ypres. Not sure how either holiday will pan out.
If they had not been booked years ago, it’s a no til it’s an all clear.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Supposed to be going to Cape Verde at the end of May, which was pushed back from last May. With things as they are, if the flights aren't cancelled this time we will pay the admin fee and move it back another year. There is no way I am going abroad this year. We won't have fully rolled out vaccines, and niether will the country I want to go to.
I am not doing isolation/quarrantine after a 2 week holiday. I can wait another year, it won't kill or hurt me to do so.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We had Spain booked for may (booked it last year with naive optimism about how long the pandemic would last), the flights have been changed several times and the final straw was them changing the airports, and so we’ve taken that as hint and postponed until next year. To be fair, a few of us are a bit nervous about going abroad this year, plus the uncertainty of possibly having to quarantine would be a blocker for most of us.