• YES

Votes: 34 32.7%
  • UNDECIDED

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would say there is zero chance you will be able to holiday in Scotland in April.
I have a golf trip to Scotland planned for mid April. It was re-arranged from last year, surely all would be well 12 months on? Anyway, sadly, I think you are right and I am waiting for the inevitable phone call or email asking if I would like to re-arrange again. Annoyingly the options are more limited this time. Any chance they will offer a loyal customer the April rate for a June / July booking at a prestige course / hotel? No, I didn't think so either :cry:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a golf trip to Scotland planned for mid April. It was re-arranged from last year, surely all would be well 12 months on? Anyway, sadly, I think you are right and I am waiting for the inevitable phone call or email asking if I would like to re-arrange again. Annoyingly the options are more limited this time. Any chance they will offer a loyal customer the April rate for a June / July booking at a prestige course / hotel? No, I didn't think so either :cry:

On the covid briefing today NS basically said she couldn't guarantee that you would be able to holiday at home (that's Scotland) in the summer this year. ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
On the covid briefing today NS basically said she couldn't guarantee that you would be able to holiday at home (that's Scotland) in the summer this year. ?
What a bringer of joy :LOL:. Ah well.

I will wait for the call and re-book for somewhere in England later in the year.

D

Deleted member 17920

And can the Scottish tourist industry suffer another year of taking zero pounds, I very much doubt it.

When we went to the Machrie and Machrahanish last year they very much needed the business, its going to be a mega tough year if the hotels cant reopen.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I know, very depressing and annoying.
If all people who are at risk of serious illness will be vaccinated by early May, why could we still be in lockdown in July/August?

D-S

Visit site
I know, very depressing and annoying.
If all people who are at risk of serious illness will be vaccinated by early May, why could we still be in lockdown in July/August?
Good question, if you look at last year numbers in hospital peaked at 21k in early April and quickly and continually dropped to a low point of 812 on 4/9 this is despite the fact that we weren’t obliged to wear masks as we came out of lockdown from May onwards, we had the eat out thing through August plus thronged beaches etc.etc. and most importantly 0 people had been vaccinated. So why do they think lockdown post end June?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Because they will unlock slower than last time.
They know they have to get it right.
Nobody can afford another lockdown.
Even the Scottish govt are saying they can't guarantee UK holidays this year.
Its going to be a slow process.

D

Deleted member 1418

Booked a cottage down in Cornwall for the family in August. If restrictions are eased, happy days. If not then no problem - will just wait it out.

D-S

Visit site
Even unlocking more slowly this year would mean that if we move though the same stages as last year on the same dates e.g. pubs, shops hotels etc. open on July 4th this would mean lockdown 3 that would be fully 11 weeks longer than lockdown 1 (this lockdown started Jan 5th, last year it started later on March 23rd). Are we honestly thinking that it will be 4 months longer which it would need to be to take us through July and August? Are we assuming that vaccinations of all the vulnerable groups and the vast majority of adults having at least one jab will still mean that this lockdown needs to be 4 months longer (people did holiday to some extent in the UK last year).

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Still got some tickets left for the Euros but I cannot see it going ahead with fans. Failing that, golf in Barbados early next year will be the next trip.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Even unlocking more slowly this year would mean that if we move though the same stages as last year on the same dates e.g. pubs, shops hotels etc. open on July 4th this would mean lockdown 3 that would be fully 11 weeks longer than lockdown 1 (this lockdown started Jan 5th, last year it started later on March 23rd). Are we honestly thinking that it will be 4 months longer which it would need to be to take us through July and August? Are we assuming that vaccinations of all the vulnerable groups and the vast majority of adults having at least one jab will still mean that this lockdown needs to be 4 months longer (people did holiday to some extent in the UK last year).
As Boris and Shapps said yesterday - We just don't know at the moment.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site

There’s about 32 of us meant to be going up to Perth for 5 days in late May and I highly doubt that will be on. Ours was pushed back from last year as well.

I’ve also got a week in St Andrews followed by a week in Grantown in July/Aug and am hoping we can go, but also already thinking it won’t happen.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
As Boris and Shapps said yesterday - We just don't know at the moment.
As I heard it Shapps was quite clear in that he said No to holidays abroad this summer, and also that 'nobody' was actually at the moment even thinking of booking a holiday abroad (I'll maybe go listen to his interview again just so that I am not misrepresenting). Johnson said something different.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Booked a cottage down in Cornwall for the family in August. If restrictions are eased, happy days. If not then no problem - will just wait it out.

We're in the same boat. We decided to bite the bullet today as we decided that if they suddenly announce that holiday's abroad are definitely off the cards then we don't want to be caught in the rush to try and find something in the UK....and pay through the nose for the privilege! Like you, if things don't open up in August (which I highly doubt will happen for holidays within England but you never know) then we'll just get our money back or roll it over to when we can.