hit tee marker

macca64

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
mate teed off,hit ladies tee marker ,rebounded,wots the rule ,reload without pen or play as lies,? could not find def in rule book apart from markers are fixed so i said play as it lies

Last edited:

macca64

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
oh yes, he did that for driving the 340 yard hole before that one and still taking 6,mind you the other muppet we played with 8 putted a par 3 !!!!

macca64

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
it was like glass i have to say and on a tier,but he was only about 15 feet away from the hole in one,so he is still a muppet 1st par 3 at bowood wilts it was,

Last edited:

brickie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Played with a friend who's drive hit the concrete base of the winter tee 20 yards in front of the grass tee. It rebounded back over our heads and into the rough. The upshot of all this was he was playing his second shot from the rough, 80 yards further away from the hole than the original tee shot.

daymond

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ah. The third hole par three at Bowood. Yes it's a severe two tier green and if the pin is near the drop on a glassy surface I can understand how he managed it.
If you'r above the hole it is almost impossible to get the ball to stop at the hole: the result is watching your ball go 20/30 feet down the lower slope.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Once at my old club in a club championship. A driveable par 4. Someone a couple of groups ahead of me took 20 shots on it. I watched my Dad in the group ahead have 8 putts.

Massive slooping green, cup cut in the middle. I was luck enough to only 3 putt it. Rolled my first putt an inch past the hole for it to roll back past me :p Second one i walked after it incase it stopped to mark it :p

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
As said, the player could not "reload" without penalty. He could of course re-tee and play under stroke and distance. That much is is obvious, but it may be helpful to point out that this applies even if the ball ended up bouncing back further away from the hole than the teeing ground.

And to extend that further, it applies anywhere.** If your shot bounces off something and ends up further from the hole than from where you played, you can play under penalty from where you played the previous shot.

** not the re- teeing bit!