Hip injury help needed

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi all,
I have had a troublesome hip for sometime now,probably a year,it all came from a slight knock to the area.
Up until now i have put up with the pain because its bearable,however im not seeing any imrovement at all.
I have been to the docs recently and after having some x-rays taken,they see no real problem,so he has said its probably muscelar and has prescribed physio.Its my left hip so as you can appreciate a lot of force goes through the hip when playing a golf shot.
Has anyone had a similar problem and got any remedies,thx

Yerman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Could be a bursitis, the physio should be able to put you on the right track though sometimes an steroid injection can help. In terms of self-help you cannot beat a bit of gentle swimming for hips.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just googled Bursitis and it sounds possible,however it does seem its more prone to older people,and more of a female condition.
After reading all the comments it does seem that its a long term condition which is disapointing.I will start on the cold compress,anti-inflamatory and stretching side first and see if theres any improvement.
Thx for your reply

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I injured my hip three weeks ago whilst playing cricket. I dived twice and both times landed on the upper left hip. I ended up with a badly bruised hip. The bruise stretched from above the point of the hip to just above the knee.
This has mostly gone and I can walk without problem.

Initially I kept on playing but realised that this was not helping. I stopped and the bruise gradually disappeared.

It appears to be a hip pointer injury that is usually only improved by rest and stretching exercises. Generally you need to stop playing as the twisting causes more damage to the muscle stretched over the hip. It also prevents repair of the damage. These type of injuries can happen in rugby, American football and football to goalkeepers.

I have used the time to walk the course and work on putting and chip and run shots with longer clubs.

I will start again a week after I feel no discomfort at all - well, either that or on the 19th when I am due to play Saunton. I can't miss out on that !!

Hope yours clears up soon.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I injured my hip three weeks ago whilst playing cricket. I dived twice and both times landed on the upper left hip. I ended up with a badly bruised hip. The bruise stretched from above the point of the hip to just above the knee.
This has mostly gone and I can walk without problem.

Initially I kept on playing but realised that this was not helping. I stopped and the bruise gradually disappeared.

It appears to be a hip pointer injury that is usually only improved by rest and stretching exercises. Generally you need to stop playing as the twisting causes more damage to the muscle stretched over the hip. It also prevents repair of the damage. These type of injuries can happen in rugby, American football and football to goalkeepers.

I have used the time to walk the course and work on putting and chip and run shots with longer clubs.

I will start again a week after I feel no discomfort at all - well, either that or on the 19th when I am due to play Saunton. I can't miss out on that !!

Hope yours clears up soon.

Thx,unfortunately the next month is choca with golf but maybe after that i can take a break.

D

Deleted member 3432

Common golfing problem, have had a lot of problems in that area myself. A decent osteopath may be able to help you out, sounds like a problem with the Sacroiliac Joint.