Hindhead vs Blackmoor

D

Deleted Member 1156

Nice one dougie, now sit back and wait to be bombarded with requests for invites :D

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Enjoy Dougie - get your handicap active and yourself into the Hogs Back League team - and I'll maybe see you next year when we visit to give you boys a cuffing :)

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ended up joining Hindhead, played the course and was really impressed with the layout and condition. I also rated the practice facilities. If Blackmoor had been a bit closer I would have given it serious consideration as I know it is highly rated.

As my handicap is inactive I need to submit 3 cards so will see just how challenging it is over the next few weeks.

See you up there sometime!

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ended up joining Hindhead, played the course and was really impressed with the layout and condition. I also rated the practice facilities. If Blackmoor had been a bit closer I would have given it serious consideration as I know it is highly rated.

As my handicap is inactive I need to submit 3 cards so will see just how challenging it is over the next few weeks.

Congratulations Dougie. I am up there on Saturday for a match and looking forward to it as it has been about 6 years since I last played.

Just need to hit the ball half as well as Gordon was last Sunday and I will be a happy man!!:)

dougieb

Medal Winner
Visit site
No, I already have a mate that is a member.:ears: Playing Hindhead at the end of month in a charity day, so hopefully will still be in good condition.

Played this evening (erratically) and the course is currently in great condition. Obviously, being a new member I don't have a baseline but if holds up for the rest of the month I don't think you will be disappointed

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Course maintenance next week so should be great again by the end of the month
You are always welcome to a game at Blackmoor, so you can see what you have missed out on !!;) I do like Hindhead but the hills seem to get higher as I get older.:(

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Following on from the sand Martins Thread I came across this in the search.
While I haven’t played either, they will both be a serious improvement from my current club. Both have what sound to be good practice facilities, Hindhead is fractionally closer, blackmoor a touch cheaper so really neck and neck.
Thank you Richart for the info on Blackmoor, it’s appreciated ??
I was wondering if Dougie was still a member or if any other forumers are / were a member at hindhead to answer a few questions?

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks Sam, would you mind elaborating a little?

i have played both lots of times and would join whichever was most convenient - both are great members clubs and very social - although some of the Blackmoor members are getting on a bit!! :LOL::LOL:.

I would give Hindhead the nod overall as being more stunning and spectacular and the greens have been better on balance and definitely quicker. However, Blackoor is more balanced and still has some stunning holes and the greens/ green sites are probably better architecturally than Hindhead. Blackmoor is also better in the winter when the front 9 at Hindhead can get a bit wet apparently - although i have only played in the summer. All told, two of my favourite course/ clubs.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
i have played both lots of times and would join whichever was most convenient - both are great members clubs and very social - although some of the Blackmoor members are getting on a bit!! :LOL::LOL:.

I would give Hindhead the nod overall as being more stunning and spectacular and the greens have been better on balance and definitely quicker. However, Blackoor is more balanced and still has some stunning holes and the greens/ green sites are probably better architecturally than Hindhead. Blackmoor is also better in the winter when the front 9 at Hindhead can get a bit wet apparently - although i have only played in the summer. All told, two of my favourite course/ clubs.
Thanks for this. Im going to get in touch with both. Resigned myself to the fact I’m going to have to travel further afield. enquired at west hill too, the Mrs said if you don’t ask you won’t know so that’ll be interesting...

Parky24

Medal Winner
Visit site
Agree on the walking aspect. Also the back 9 at hindhead somehow underwhelmes. Ca only put it down to the front 9 being so much more spectacular. Of the 2 I would join blackmoor on the fact I'm way out of shape and a round after tiring day at work wouldn't be such a endurance exercise. Would happily play hindhead once or twice a year but not as my only club.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
What PNW said - everything at Hindhead is just a little better.

West Hill for where you are is a no brainier though despite the cost. Especially to hit balls and have a few evening holes.
Thanks Sam.
Yes, West Hill is a no brainer. I’ve enquired, just hoping they have a bit of a deal going