high lofted hybrids

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
OK - two rounds played. Wow. Why didn't I do that earlier? As people may know the 6th at my course is a real problem hole for me. Playing around 175 into the wind yesterday. Took the 4H onto the green for easy par. Wind changed today so downwind. Hit the 5H and in the fringe pin high. So easy to hit into greens and stop and great clubs when in trouble to give me more distance than I would have had and give me a chance to get back in play and still have chance to hit the green and make a putt. Will still do test v the irons and distance and consistency. Got the 4H for a regrip as it came slightly too thick for my girly short hands

Great to hear homer. Look forward to seeing that test.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Great to hear homer. Look forward to seeing that test.

It definitely felt weird standing around 150 yards away on the fairway with a 5H in my hand (playing into the wind a clubbing up because of the cold) but the higher flight than I'd get with an iron and the stop on the green was a real deal clincher. Had several shots from the semi-rough where I'd have gone with the 3H as the only hybrid option or a 5 wood where the lie perhaps didn't warrant these clubs but having two more hybrid options gave me more choices and a chance to still make significant progress down the hole and into position.

Think I've sown the seed in the minds of a couple of PP's over the weekend too and they'll going to consider swapping longer irons for hybrids.