High Left Shoulder

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
If Homer starts analysing and thinking about all these replies then the bookies will be giving Smithy much shorter odds at the West Hill match!

My advice is Homer, do not come back to this thread, ever!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Surely having the ball so far forward for a mid iron is causing the shoulder to be high ? I notice you have reduced the length of your swing though Homer.:thup:

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
If Homer starts analysing and thinking about all these replies then the bookies will be giving Smithy much shorter odds at the West Hill match!

My advice is Homer, do not come back to this thread, ever!

What are the odds?

Homer 5/6 Smiffy 5/6 ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My teaching pro tweeted me some thoughts last night. Made a couple of changes and hit a 30 bucket of balls fantastically. Never been so still over the ball. I am having some issues re the one plane and two plane has been discussed for a number of reasons. That aside, the way I hit the ball tonight was as good as I can irrespective of what plane, take away, wrist hinge etc I used. The 7 iron was arrow straight, high and I was rotating around the spine angle and compressing a treat. I would have had Smiffy on toast hitting like that.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
When you click on your link Martin, there are some other videos down the right hand side. Good one of Ryan Borg with a seven iron as well. Ball position, length of back swing and swing speed are interesting. I have ignored the mechanics of the swing, which I am sure your coach will sort out for you.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We're all ears........................

No need to share just yet. Want to get it straight in my head and in practice. Tonight was a revelation and back to basics a bit in tees of grip and position but the whole thing clicked. Only a short session and a 7 iron but its a start. There was enough good ones yesterday on top of tonight to be a glass 3/4 Homer

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
My teaching pro tweeted me some thoughts last night. Made a couple of changes and hit a 30 bucket of balls fantastically. Never been so still over the ball. I am having some issues re the one plane and two plane has been discussed for a number of reasons. That aside, the way I hit the ball tonight was as good as I can irrespective of what plane, take away, wrist hinge etc I used. The 7 iron was arrow straight, high and I was rotating around the spine angle and compressing a treat. I would have had Smiffy on toast hitting like that.

Latest odds

Homer 4/7 Smiffy 5/4

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm no expert Homer but I've seen a few of your swing videos and I've always thought you look very tense and rush the swing, how do you swing if you try to relax more? It just looks like a very rushed swing throughout. Now if your hitting it arrow straight and its the happiest you have ever been then stick to it.

Good Luck 👍

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i think homer creates some pretty decent lag on his downswing :thup:

7ironfaceonflv_snapshot_0007_20130107_231519_zps5c38cf15.jpg

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
No need to share just yet. Want to get it straight in my head and in practice. Tonight was a revelation and back to basics a bit in tees of grip and position but the whole thing clicked. Only a short session and a 7 iron but its a start. There was enough good ones yesterday on top of tonight to be a glass 3/4 Homer

No worries Martin, I'm juzz being a knob. Glad that you seem happy with it :thup:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
i think homer creates some pretty decent lag on his downswing :thup:
MG]

Unfortunately, that's an illusion! :( His 'early extension' means the 'lag' has gone by the time his hands reach his waist a couple of frames later, with the clubhead still some way behind his right side/foot.

Last edited:

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Unfortunately, that's an illusion! :( His 'early extension' means the 'lag' has gone by the time his hands reach his waist a couple of frames later, with the clubhead still some way behind his right side/foot.

yes your right but i would suggest the angles he creates early in his swing are vastly better than most amateurs, you certainly couldn't excuse him of casting and like most amateurs he early extends, i was just trying to point out what i thought was a good element of his swing :rolleyes:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
yes your right but i would suggest the angles he creates early in his swing are vastly better than most amateurs, you certainly couldn't excuse him of casting and like most amateurs he early extends, i was just trying to point out what i thought was a good element of his swing :rolleyes:

So even trying to find something good in that swing came up with a fault! :mmm:

On the plus-ish side:
Tthere's a pretty good attempt at centred-ness, the club is in a couple of good positions in the back-swing and there must be some talent to be able to hit the ball well enough to have got cut to 10 not long ago.

On the negative side:
The back-swing starts with a tug of the right elbow and has very little hip turn. It all gets weird when the arms get to shoulder level - which should be the top of the swing for a 1-planer. Body/shoulder/head rise; hands lift and there's a Reverse Pivot chucked in there for good measure! From the top, the weight transfer is done by a sway - that the RP started, there's that early extension, the shoulders rise again, even as the knees collapse and the right foot stays firmly planted through impact with a straight shaft (tending to flip) rather than slightly forward leaning.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i'm aware homer has a good relationship with his pro, and said pro knows homers faults and is getting him to address those faults in the correct sequence instead of totally doing homers head by throwing it at him all at once.

and besides i have a tenner on homer to beat that smiffy chap

Last edited: