Heskey the difference?

NotQuiteTiger

Club Champion
Visit site
Is it just me or do England seem to play better when Heskey plays? We were rubbish under McClaren, the only good game he had Heskey played. I really rate him and obviously he doesnt score enough, but England do look a better side with him in it.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think it's Capello that's the difference.

The players obviously listen to him & play how he wants to play. Noone knew what they were doing when McClown was in charge.

Obviously having a big fella up front who will work his gonads off for the team helps. We were always poor with two midgets up front.

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
Heskey seems to do it somehow for England,he is a good player for Wigan but Capello is the man and looks like he knows what he is doing

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it's Capello that's the difference.

The players obviously listen to him & play how he wants to play. Noone knew what they were doing when McClown was in charge.

Obviously having a big fella up front who will work his gonads off for the team helps. We were always poor with two midgets up front.

True, but 5 goals in 50 appearances may be OK for a mid-field player but Heskey's problem is that for a supposed striker, he doesn't.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Whilst I agree Heskey has played well the last few England games I still think crouch is more technical and will get more goals.

The problem for me is that once we play a decent side our forwards will be limited to one decent chance per game, i would not be confident in Heskey taking that chance.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
True, but 5 goals in 50 appearances may be OK for a mid-field player but Heskey's problem is that for a supposed striker, he doesn't.

1 in 10 is obviously poor for a striker but will anyone care aslong as we keep winning with him in the side? I won't.

I'm sure Capello would rather he did get his share but i can't see him being dropped aslong as he keeps doing what he's doing. He does make quite a bit of space for other to play in.

It's when Rooney stops scoring we need to worry........

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I think using Heskey as the target man freeing up Rooney is the key, Heskey make the point last year yet we dropped him once Rooney came back, yes his goals are not great but Rooney hadnt scored in how long and yet he was always first choice?

Beaker

Assistant Pro
www.bedalegolfclub.com
I think him and Rooney great partnership and i think Heskey does make a difference whoever he plays with because he does the donkey work. Plus if you look at England games when we've played really well theres one common factor and its Heskey - Germany 5-1, Russia 3-1, Croatia 4-1 - he played in them all and we've won easy?! Plus look at this season, He's scored once i think but his strike partner Zaki has scored 5 or 6 so he seems to be able to play with anyone. Fabio has made a big difference aswell, takes no sh1t, none of this WAG business and seems to have restored a willingness to play for the country again! I think good times ahead but I still doubt we will win World Cup??!! Semi final penalty loss probs!!