Hesketh GC

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great club and course. The links holes are obviously the stand out as mentioned above, but, I also think the moorland holes over the road don't often get the credit they deserve. Yes, they're not as good as the links one's, and there are a few weak ones, but they are still pretty decent and overall it would be an superb place to play your golf.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great club and course. The links holes are obviously the stand out as mentioned above, but, I also think the moorland holes over the road don't often get the credit they deserve. Yes, they're not as good as the links one's, and there are a few weak ones, but they are still pretty decent and overall it would be an superb place to play your golf.

I agree, I think its more 14 good holes than 9.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Like everyone has said, it’s decent round the clubhouse but a bit boring over the road.

If you came down to playing Ken you’d realise there are definitely 3, possibly 4 better tracks in Southport alone.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Like everyone has said, it’s decent round the clubhouse but a bit boring over the road.

If you came down to playing Ken you’d realise there are definitely 3, possibly 4 better tracks in Southport alone.

I'm sure you are right. Would love to play there and round Liverpool one day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3432

I'm sure you are right. Would love to play there and round Liverpool one day.

Of course you need to stop off at Silloth on Solway on the way down to play the best links in the north west of England :D

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
12th?

Course is even better now. We’ve redone the bunkers on 12 and 16 (inc getting rid of more trees on 16) and extending the green. Cleared trees on 18, put in fairway bunkers and redone all the green side bunkers, plus made the green a bit smaller.

Next was a look at 1, 2 & 3 but thats now been put back a year.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Playing Hesketh in Sept in the rearranged EngGolf Seniors.
Played Pleasington GC last year on the recommendation of members Jack Brooks & his Dad........ ruddy Mountain-goat country :eek::eek: