Help!

screw696

Hacker
Visit site
Even Tiger Woods has help with his swing-MUPPET!!!!!!!!
Im not ashamed to ask others for help. Thats the whole idea with this concept- MUPPET

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
High draws mate.
As you might appreciate I'd need night vision to be able to see what's going on in any detail, and it's hard to tell unless you have the camera positioned correctly behind you for a 'down the line' shot.

There are a couple of things that I thought were interesting on your drive
1) Your hands look like they are reaching out to the ball which may be creating the feeling of taking the club too far to the inside (that said it doesn't look like you have on this swing). Generally a pro's hands are more passive at address, hanging down more, closer to the body.

2) It appears on the video that your HEAD MOVES UP an inch or two between set up and impact, it also looks like (it's hard to be sure from that angle) that it moves to the right. Again you'd probably see that most pro's heads would DROP an inch or two as they are coming into the ball. I don't think I could name any who's head is higher at impact than at address.

Your head moving up at all during your swing is indicative of a loss of spine angle... here's a pic - Hunter Mahan on the left and (yep, you've guessed it... you're on the right) :)
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/2984/swingdaz.gif
(Note the position of his right shoulder compared to yours)

If you move your head around on one shot and not on another then you're going to get that feeling of your swing path changing, it will feel inconsistant at least.

I think your swing looks great, you should be off scratch although my mates swing looks exactly like yours and he plays off 10!! I'd love to look at it in a proper day time down the line vid, and also face on. If you take some let me know.

Regards....

jeffc

Head Pro
Visit site
I thought the "muppet" was a bit out of order as well, unless you thought it was a wind up.
Must admit though when I play with very low handicappers and they're having a bad day I'm probably not as sympathetic as I should be.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Ha! Here's a thing...

just downloaded your vid for a closer look... and it looks totally different!
I'm guessing Youtube has stretched your vid sideways making your posture look 40°+ and added about 60lbs!

The one I have now makes you look about 10 stone and bolt upright at impact. In fact I'd go as far to say you are standing too close/too upright to the ball and jamming yourself on your right side....(hence you lift up to get outta the way)

so which is it? Are you the 15 stone guy or the 10? :D
I quite liked the swing on the 15 stone guy :)

Here's the 'skinny you' at impact..
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6157/swingbaz2.gif :)

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Daz

To try to answer your question, try to feel that you are keeping your hands as far away from your head as possible on the back swing this should give you a wider arc and stop any overswing.

screw696

Hacker
Visit site
No I'm not having lessons. However I am considering it. I do try a few things out that have been recommended in Golf Monthly. I appreciate the help you have offered. Cheers.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Yeh well my first opinions are a bit obsolete seeing as they were so distorted by Youtube. Although that video does make you look like you have a great swing - I might have t upload mine one day!! :D

I'd take a look through Youtube if I were you to get an idea of posture, spine angle etc both at address and impact.
If you're too upright your hands have to get round your right hip, if you have a better spine angle they will swing clear below you. Hope this helps - out of interest what is your handicap at the moment? (I ask as it's nice to put a handicap to a swing)

regards