help

time_vans

Head Pro
Visit site
had my first lesson as posted but my sessions since have been strange....good followed by bad followed by good etc wnen its bad i feel like crying!i have started fatting and thinning on the bad sessions something i never did prior to the grip being tweaked.i am also pushing it right again something i didnt do before it was either straight or a slice.the positive is on a good session i can hit a 3 and four iron !so fustrating any pointers would be great. cheers

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sound like your worrying too much as to where the ball has gone, are you lifting up your head too early to have a look.

P.S. I'm no expert!

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
Just keep doing what you been told to do on your lesson,it will come good in the end,reverting back to how you did it wont help.

Only advice i would give is give it time you will hit bad ones keep the faith for the mean time anyway

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Keep practicing what you are being taught Tim, itll come good eventually, imagine how long it took for you to hit a straight ball in the first place.
By the way, Im no expert neither.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It comes down to patience and perseverance. Don't go back to old habits or set ups. I know if I am having a bad range session how frustrating it can feel especially if I have been hitting well on the course or the last time I was at the range.

The problem is once you start hitting a few bad ones you start looking for causes and changing things. This usually results in old faults creeping back or new errors occuring as you play around with the swing. That means more bad shots and so the circle continues.

Also, if you start hitting badly the tendency is to get agitated and you look up, swing too hard etc. I find a few exercises like hitting a 9 iron feet together or just hitting a few pitch shots is great for getting the swing working in a short controlled way and for restoring tempo.

Stick with it. The long term results will be worth the short term angst.