Help!! Help!! Help!! Advice needed should i take a break??

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Take a break, forget its effect, when you return just set new goals and return to competition when you are ready.

The biggest mistake you can make is jumping straight back into comps. Take some time to build up momentum again, post a good score or two in a bounce game, preferably under your handicap.

RustyTom

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have 2 kids, 4 and 1 years old. I also do 12 hour night shifts and work every other weekend so don't get much time, not played a comp since August, and only played about 4 rounds since.

I have no targets as I don't play enough to improve but hopfully in a few years when both kids are at school Il have the days to myself to play more and improve then

ChrisB0210

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A good question and some sound advice already offered. My perspective is a little different to some as I play to get away from the pressures of work and as my 'free' time away from my family.

I started playing again around 6 years ago when my youngest was 1 yr old. I had not long since lost both of my parents and due to a long term medical condition I don't have the option of having a session at the pub to get away from it all. I needed something to do other than sitting on my @r$e watching tv so picked my clubs up again.

I play most weekends and more often in the summer, but I do try and ensure that it fits in with both work and family life. As my wife and daughters are supportive and encourage me, I guess I'm doing quite well with my balancing act! That's probably helped by my eldest now showing interest and having lessons.

I suppose the best advice I can give is to do whatever feels right. If golf is getting in the way of other priorities then it would probably be sensible to play less. If, however, you can continue to balance golf, family life and work commitments then keep on playing.

Whatever you decide I hope it works out for you.