Help for Heroes Charity Golf Day - Blackmoor Golf Club Friday 8th October 2021

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just back from the club setting up for tomorrow.

Oh dear the pin position on 18 is going to be fun. Book you seat on the balcony to watch the carnage.

Don’t know what all the fuss was about?? Easy hole out from 190 yards for a 2 for 5 ? (shafted of the nearest the pin prize though. Bloody conspiracy ?)

Edit: great day all round. Good to catch up with some old (even older now!) faces after so long. Might come out of retirement properly!

Last edited:

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don’t know what all the fuss was about?? Easy hole out from 190 yards for a 2 for 5 ?

Well. You made it look easy (y) Net hole in one on Blackmoor's 18th. That will be one to remember.

Massive thanks to Rich and all the team for yet another fantastic H4H day. I'm just sorry that I couldn't stay any longer. Great to meet and catch up with my old friend ChrisD and so many of the other "not so old" friends again - some going back nearly 14 years of Forum meets and gatherings. Apologies to those of you I didn't see and say hello to.

It was amazing to see how Smiffy's golf changed when he worked out what he had been doing wrong. He had us in stitches on the tee box :ROFLMAO: and later, after the meal, he had us actually crying with laughter with one of his anecdotes.

As always enjoyed the day and the course. Pity my golf didn't do it justice. Next time perhaps ..... :unsure:

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well. You made it look easy (y) Net hole in one on Blackmoor's 18th. That will be one to remember.

Massive thanks to Rich and all the team for yet another fantastic H4H day. I'm just sorry that I couldn't stay any longer. Great to meet and catch up with my old friend ChrisD and so many of the other "not so old" friends again - some going back nearly 14 years of Forum meets and gatherings. Apologies to those of you I didn't see and say hello to.

It was amazing to see how Smiffy's golf changed when he worked out what he had been doing wrong. He had us in stitches on the tee box :ROFLMAO: and later, after the meal, he had us actually crying with laughter with one of his anecdotes.

As always enjoyed the day and the course. Pity my golf didn't do it justice. Next time perhaps ..... :unsure:

Echo all of this. Particular shout out to Dad and his team for the organising an absolute blunder yet again. Was a pleasure being drawn with you again Roger, Smiffy’s two topped tee shots on 11 and his Anecdote at lunch might even have been a better highlight than the Eagle at 18 ?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Don’t know what all the fuss was about?? Easy hole out from 190 yards for a 2 for 5 ? (shafted of the nearest the pin prize though. Bloody conspiracy ?)

Edit: great day all round. Good to catch up with some old (even older now!) faces after so long. Might come out of retirement properly!
You noodle I was only winding you up. I have got your prize. Suppose you will want an invite back to Blackmoor to pick it up ?;)

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
You noodle I was only winding you up. I have got your prize. Suppose you will want an invite back to Blackmoor to pick it up ?;)

Haha! I know you were. All part of my cunning plan to get invited back to collect. It worked ?

Sorry I couldn’t stay to receive it, I’m off to Manchester first thing in the morning so needed to get back to sort admin before I leave!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Great day
Many thanks to Rich and Vicky and team for another great H4H meet.
Honoured to be joint recipient of the RickG award with Fragger..most unexpected...not sure where the hell im going to put it.....
Course was in great nick.
Good company - thanks to Tony, Andy and Kevin for some good laughs and some decent golf..and some not so decent....
Playing highlight for me was back to back birdies on 3 and 4 for 4 points each - damn good job too as the rest of the round wasn't up to much.
Heres to next year(y)
Oh, and thanks to my chauffeur (y)

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just got in from another cracking H4H day.
Pleased with 36 points and would’ve been more but I putted like a knob
Hopefully next year Rich will realise dando isn’t actually my surname

D

Deleted member 25172

As always, a massive thanks to @richart and everyone else behind the scenes organising this event, and also to @Papas1982 for sorting Camberley the day before. Two new quality courses ticked off the list, with Blackmoor coming out on top of the two.

My golf has in large part been playing tricks on me this year, but the swing slowly but surely worked it’s way back just in time to play some decent golf.

An extra shout out to one of trees behind the second green at Blackmoor who decided to get my ball back onto the dance floor after air mailing my approach shot. I repaid by holing out for a birdie. Easy game. The tree got a hug for its contribution as well.

Already looking forward to next year, but will NOT be peer pressured into bidding for things I can’t afford again. Really hope Swinley is going to be as good as everyone says, cause I got some explaining to do when I get home to the one who’s wearing the trousers in this relationship…

Great seeing “everyone” again as well, and thanks to those who put up with me out on the course over the two days.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great day
Many thanks to Rich and Vicky and team for another great H4H meet.
Honoured to be joint recipient of the RickG award with Fragger..most unexpected...not sure where the hell im going to put it.....
Course was in great nick.
Good company - thanks to Tony, Andy and Kevin for some good laughs and some decent golf..and some not so decent....
Playing highlight for me was back to back birdies on 3 and 4 for 4 points each - damn good job too as the rest of the round wasn't up to much.
Heres to next year(y)
Oh, and thanks to my chauffeur (y)

ah, gutted I missed seeing you both receive that! Well done ‘murgs!