Help for Heroes Charity Golf Day - Blackmoor Golf Club Friday 8th October 2021

D

Deleted member 15344

A massive thank you to @richart and his wonderful lady Vicky for putting on a fantastic day.

Another great trip south meeting up playing 2 excellent golf courses and have a few beers afterwards was brilliant.

Apologies for shooting off early, not saying farewell and missing the auction but my chauffeur pulled rank on this one. We left at 2pm and got home just before 9pm.

Had a great day at Camberley where I carried my partner @PieMan to victory over my old pal @Duffers05 and the ever obnoxious @Liverpoolphil. Taking a 10er of him was the highlight, I think his Internet persona is better than in real life.

The main event never disappointed, well apart from my golf..... I played with Tony a Blackmoor Member, @Radbourne and @JamesR it was a pleasure.

All in all a great few days and look forward to next year's event.
@Stuart_C - lucky you had @PieMan as a partner - he is in traction after carrying you and your 20 shots “take up bowls”

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Big thanks to Rich and his elves for putting on another fantastic day. Many thanks to Blackmoor for allowing us the Friday on their fantastic course. Thanks to Papas1982 for organising Thursday at Camberley & the team match. Thanks to Sandy, Jan & Paul for their company, and congratulations to Sandy on the lowest gross; it was a pleasure to watch.

Most importantly, thanks to all the forummers who made the effort to travel & raise money for such a worthy cause; our much missed friend Rickg would be proud that this is carried on. Good to meet some old friends & make some new ones.

You sorted out next year yet Rich... ;) :p

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
As usual, a fabulous day at a fabulous course and brilliantly organised and run by Richard and his helpers.

I was unsure even at 5am on the day as to whether I could attend as Mrs d was struggling with a medical issue but she insisted I go and luckily she was ok for the day. Our group of Crow, Nathan (from Battleback) and Lee Yates was really good fun and I for one thoroughly enjoyed the day - it was amazing how someone who left Afganistan with a broken back can play golf at all, let alone well. I was slightly less amazed at Crow and the butter knife irons he uses but he did let me hit a 1 iron on the 18th off the tee and -i might just be tempted to put one in the bag!

As always, seeing and meeting so many people I've got to know over the years is the best thing about H4H and good also to put faces to names that we see regularly on the forum. Well done Adam for a great score, you'll remember this day forever!

Apologies to Richard and everyone for leaving a little before the end of prize giving but a was concerned for Mrsd, to Guy (Midnight) for very nearly decapitating him from the bunker on the 18th ??. And finally thanks to MashlyR7 for doing the driving.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks to Vicky and her helpers :) for doing an amazing job organising HFH once again.
Blackmoor was in superb condition for the time of year ,really impressed with the greens.
Thanks to my playing partners Junior,Imurg and Kevin some good and bad golf played.
Juniors driving was impressive and Imurgs back to back 4 pointers was a highlight.
I was mr moody for the round so thx for putting up with me.
Thx to all the Blackmoor staff for putting on a lovely meal and making us feel very welcome.
Massive congrats to Ian and Phil for your award thoroughly deserved and great to be in your company.
Always a pleasure to meet old friends makes it all worth while.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks to Vicky and her helpers :) for doing an amazing job organising HFH once again.
Blackmoor was in superb condition for the time of year ,really impressed with the greens.
Thanks to my playing partners Junior,Imurg and Kevin some good and bad golf played.
Juniors driving was impressive and Imurgs back to back 4 pointers was a highlight.
I was mr moody for the round so thx for putting up with me.
Thx to all the Blackmoor staff for putting on a lovely meal and making us feel very welcome.
Massive congrats to Ian and Phil for your award thoroughly deserved and great to be in your company.
Always a pleasure to meet old friends makes it all worth while.

You, Mr. Moody?? Can’t believe that for a second! ?

Good to see you yesterday mate, albeit briefly.

D

Deleted member 1740

It was great to be back after a crap couple of years.
Good to see some familiar faces and to meet a few new ones.
@Radbourne2010, @Stuart_C & Tony (Blackmoor member), thanks for a cracking round of golf.
@richart youre a lucky man to be a member at Blackmoor.
Thanks to you and Vicky for organising yet another H4Hs ?

I hope you enjoyed your custard in Bracknell last night James?

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Big thanks to Rich and his ever youthful partner for all the work that they put into making this event possible.

Not much else I can say, apart from course, was cracking, playing partners were cracking, food was cracking, money raised was fantastic. The look on BIM's face when his hand was seen just after mine and he had to pay another tenner was priceless.
Chrisd, thanks for not killing me.
Phil, thank you for collecting and bringing me some irons that I could use ??????

Good to meet old friends and make some new ones, look forward to the next meet. ??????

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers for a great day out @richart. Great to meet up again with @PhilTheFragger and watch his miraculous assist for @SteveW86 . Event of the golfing day followed by the spectacular theatre of the final (9th) hole with the ground staff having a front of house view.

Sorry I missed the final cheque presentation but as I didn’t follow my own advice- never travel along the 303 on a Friday to Devon - needed to get on the road, not that it helped much.

Look forward to reading the final total.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks to all involved in making yesterday happen, I’m sure a lot goes on behind the scenes that those of us who just turn up don’t realise.

Hopefully we can continue to support a great cause, Mish’s (apologies if name is wrong) story about her family and the support that they have received was very moving. I’ll keep returning to this charity day as long as it keeps running.

The golf always seems to play second fiddle on the day, but was nice play with some new faces. @Old Skier , @PhilTheFragger and Steve (guest) provided good company for the round, Phil’s snooker shot providing the biggest laugh of the day. I don’t think I’ll ever see that happen again. We also managed to put on a real show anytime there were green staff on the tee, showing them how not to play golf.

Looking forward to next years day already.