Help: Fairway play

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am new to golf and have recently changed my grip from 'baseball bat' style to 'overlapping'.I am stunned at the positive change in my driving.I am getting around 80% of my drives STRAIGHT,up in the air and consistently around 200 yards.All other aspects of my game I am struggling with.The advice I am after at the moment is how to hit/play Iron and Fairway Woods shots,as I struggle to get the ball airborne with these clubs.I am still considering taking some golf lessons.Any advices welcome thanks.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
My advice would be to get some lessons.
If you're struggling getting the ball airborn I suspect you are trying to "lift" the ball into the air.
Try and hit down more and take some divots after the ball.

DazYeo

Hacker
Visit site
WARNING: If you're anything like me, once you learn to hit your irons correctly, your driving will go to pot. Then once you fix your driving again your irons will go to pot. :)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
WARNING: If you're anything like me, once you learn to hit your irons correctly, your driving will go to pot. Then once you fix your driving again your irons will go to pot. :)

And the day when your driving and your irons and your short game all come together, you have to take HID shopping. :(

A

Alex1975

yep, lessons is what you need for sure. it will give you a swing, that will give you confidence and then your on the path to missery :)