heavy shafts (driver)

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any benefit to a heavier driver shaft? Thinking of trying one out in the R9 either a V2 75R or NV 75R.
I had a Titleist 907D2 with the proforce and really enjoyed it, also had a component build a while back with a heavier shaft and enjoyed that too, I only have a ss or 85-90mph but they just performed for me, tried lightweight and got on ok but sometimes loose the feeling in the swing where the head is.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I put a 70g V2 in my R11s toward back end of last summer and had better results than the 60g kai'li.
Give it a go quite reasonable these days to get shaft and try.

D

Deleted member 15344

I put a 65g V2 into my R1 but didn't get on with it

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
75 is a heavy shaft. Drivers used to be 65, but most are lower now. I have a 75 for my 910 D3, and I need to be on my game to hit it. The 72 ahina is easier, as is my pro launch red. I wouldnt buy another shaft above 70g. It's too heavy.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Diamana Whiteboard X5CT 73 S is a great shaft. You can feel it throughout the swing, and not the beast you would think it it.

Oban Devotion 6 is another brilliant shaft.

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Iv got a project x shaft in mine, I think it's 82g, it is very heavy and feels like swinging a fence post sometimes, heavier shafts help to keep the ball flight down, but you need to have the power to hit them to get your distance.
Get fitted for one as the weight of the shaft is only a small component in a bigger machine,