Have you ever lobbed a club

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have done in the past but only when playing with family or close friends, wouldn't want to create a bad atmosphere with other playing partners. Nowadays I'm too elderly and infirm to throw 'em and I'd probably put my back out.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Once!
Guy at my club said “ you play Mizuno blades don’t you”.
He gave me a 48* gap wedge .
Hit a couple of shots from 90yds and it only went 60 yd’s.
This happened a couple of times throughout the day.
Finally 16th 80yds in hit it flush 20yds short , threw it 60yds into a field alongside the hole.
So I could throw it father than I could hit a ball with it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
just remembered a good one when a PP after a really poor shot smashed his driver into his bag, broke the driver, broke the shaft on a 3 wood inside the bag and ripped the bag............ and lost money on the game
Someone I know once hit his angrily bag with a club - put a nice crack in the screen of his phone which was resting in the bag's pocket.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yep - the lake next to the 18th green at Pyrford has a few carp and one of my putters in there. I'd given my playing partners warning that a watery execution was impending and sentence was carried out.

RW1986

Head Pro
Visit site
Once, I hit the buggy with an iron when I was in my teens just because someone had shouted Fore on my downswing. Realised after the round that I must have looked a total dick to my PP. Apologised and have never done it since.

Fabia999

Visit site
I do not have a cool head when it comes to golf.

The bad language usually comes out around the 2nd or 3rd. I'll then find something else to blame around the 8th or 9th. Finally I'll get back to my trolley and give the wheel a good lash with the club (no damage, not much noise, but it makes me feel better), as long as nobody else but PP is around. I've been very tempted to throw my clubs. If I didn't have to replace them I'd throw about 4 a round and leave them.

If I'm playing with somebody other than my regular PP, I hold it in. A few bad words here and there.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I do not have a cool head when it comes to golf.

The bad language usually comes out around the 2nd or 3rd. I'll then find something else to blame around the 8th or 9th. Finally I'll get back to my trolley and give the wheel a good lash with the club (no damage, not much noise, but it makes me feel better), as long as nobody else but PP is around. I've been very tempted to throw my clubs. If I didn't have to replace them I'd throw about 4 a round and leave them.

If I'm playing with somebody other than my regular PP, I hold it in. A few bad words here and there.
You should have been in my group in the Sunday roll up. One player in particular not having a good day and swearing in Geordie! Others simply letting vent on most holes in frustration. I felt quite laid back on the way to 33 points and kept it all in. I think only one wedge got tossed in anger and that was a half hearted effort compared to some on here

D

Deleted member 1147

Never thrown a club - they're too expensive to risk damaging.
I just swear an awful lot :censored: instead.

D

Deleted member 1147

Of course they are. The better you play the less you feel like throwing your clubs!
Not necessarily - if you have very few shots to play with, and you mess up, then you have even more reason to be annoyed than if you regularly make a mistake. As 1 bad shot can be a card wrecker.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
In 12 years of playing I’ve never thrown anything and I’ve never seen anybody else throw anything either.