Have you ever been conned?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I have, but didn't mind.
While holidaying and golfing up near Loch Ness many years ago, I nipped into town to get some cigs from the local paper shop.
Outside the shop was a board with the following headline

'Two students spot the Loch Ness Monster...pictures inside'
So, I got my cigs and bought the said paper.
Opened the paper to find..............pictures of the two students who spotted Nessie :( Bummocks
The reason this came back to me after all these years is MikeHs' post about the custom fit Ping offer.
Now, I'm not suggesting for one second that this is a con (is it?) but when I read it it is just a custom fit, a measuring up for a set of clubs. (I'm sure I'm wrong)
Nowhere does it say you get the clubs as well (I'm sure you do though)
MikeH, you of course dont need to deny or confirm these rediculous suggestions that the lucky reader who wins the prize has to buy the clubs himself as I'm sure GM has the generous nature to supply a set free of charge.
In fact Mike, haven't I seen you on the Real Hustle?
Good luck to all those who have entered and please dont take any notice of my suspicions that this is anything other than completely above board and a brilliant and generous offer from MikeH and the GM team.

:D:D :D :D :D :D :D ? ;)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I think it was ChrisMc who 'won' the opportunity to be c/f'ed for a Titleist 909, and yes, he did get to keep it foc. I would expect the Ping deal to be the same. Surprised if it isn't.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
it was supposed to be a bit of a wind up but was probably unwise to try that at 7.00 am. :(
The question still stands though, has anyone been conned as I was?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not been conned but got hassled once by some old geezer trying to flog me some patented putting aid. V something or other. Poor bloke - looked like he needed a few sales to supplement him and his pension (or it had been a hard life)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thought I should mention my above post was a joke, I just aint had enough time with it yet :D

I was thefted by a traveller in London once, she sold me a piece of 'lucky' heather for a pound, and when I pulled my hand out for a quid she grabbed the lot and dissapeared like a ninja, I was only young too :(