Have I destroyed my Driver ?

James' Slice

Hacker
Visit site
I was at the range having a whack with the new irons ( which I highly recommend trying if anyone is looking for new ones ) decided to get an extra basket and give the driver a whirl.
After half my basket I topped one and it made a Wierd noise and is now rattling as if something is loose in the head ??
I'm guessing it is weights have come loose , was wondering how badly will this effect performance ? And is it fixable or do I need a new shiny ?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
this could be a bit of glue from the hosel. i nearly sure this is fixable. its been brought up here before. someone will be along shortly to give you a definitive answer

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Yep. Normally fixable. Almost certainly something (probably plastic or hardened glue) has come loose within the head.

Usual solution is to use either 'Rat Glue' or 'Hot Melt' squeezed into the head through a hole - there'll often be one for the purpose, within one of the weights or under a badge - which the bit sticks to.

Had similar thing happen to my FT3 a while ago (grounded on swing on rock hard frozen ground) 18 months ago and still fine.

Pro shop of fitter should be able to sort out - almost on the spot.

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I too have had a Taylor Made "Maraca".It was glue that had broken loose in the head,but sounded like a bag of nuts and bolts.I managed to sort mine myself by heating the head and giving it a very sharp whack on a carpetted floor,but if your unsure seek the advice of a clubfitter.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
polycell_expanding_foam_polyfilla.jpg

:whistle: ;)