Has Game Golf finally died?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That looks decent, especially if it automatically tags your shots.. I assume it only works with a Garmin watch though?

Unfortunately yes

I have the S60 (that cost £350) and these were £250 so it's expensive!

However with game golf breaking it was arcoss , a new gamegolf or this and I figure just use the one device

Apparently after a while it will tell you how far you hit each club when you pull from bag

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds a bit like the game golf pro with the bluetooth tags, can you change the battery in the garmin tags? let me know how you get on with it mate keen to know how it performs

Yeah it does sound like game golf pro but without the need for extra equipment (ie the medallion) because it's my normal GPS watch

It's suppose to be changeable batteries (car key batteries) up to 4 year battery life

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Prob why they haven't taken off as much as other products
Think it's the price mate, that's good you can change batteries I looked at the s60 watch last year and liked the bells and whistles that came with it but at £300 I was put of a bit and them the £250 for tags really put me off

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think it's the price mate, that's good you can change batteries I looked at the s60 watch last year and liked the bells and whistles that came with it but at £300 I was put of a bit and them the £250 for tags really put me off

There is a cheaper watch that works with it
However I had the S60

They say the 3 tag starter pack if you put on the wedges you chip with plus your putter it will pick up those shots and the auto tagging will do rest

Your right about price

I waited until GG died I've wanted this since may

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Thinking about it shot scope is a good option but most of the softwares are either costly or year subs

Arcoss is going to £99 a year if you buy the new one (Cheaper to buy)

Game golf is £300 for the pro I think with their caddy £70 a year or something

I know this is free of subscription so I guess initial outlay pays off after while.

They offer 3 sensors and an S40 watch for £300 which isn't bad .. auto tracking does rest which I find doesn't miss a shot

S20 plus 3 sensors is £200

I think their trying to get a market share there

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Thinking about it shot scope is a good option but most of the softwares are either costly or year subs

Arcoss is going to £99 a year if you buy the new one (Cheaper to buy)

Game golf is £300 for the pro I think with their caddy £70 a year or something

I know this is free of subscription so I guess initial outlay pays off after while.

They offer 3 sensors and an S40 watch for £300 which isn't bad .. auto tracking does rest which I find doesn't miss a shot

S20 plus 3 sensors is £200

I think their trying to get a market share there
If it's anything like arccos stats I think they will have a winner, for me shotscope with the watch and tags under £200 is a no brainer for basic stats but it is just basic,
Arccos I loved but the £99 per year put me right off, I have the game golf pro but the tags would run out of battery in one or two rounds it did work great for me most of the time with fresh batteries

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it's anything like arccos stats I think they will have a winner, for me shotscope with the watch and tags under £200 is a no brainer for basic stats but it is just basic,
Arccos I loved but the £99 per year put me right off, I have the game golf pro but the tags would run out of battery in one or two rounds it did work great for me most of the time with fresh batteries

I think the 3 tag system with the watch doing rest and people putting in their own clubs after is a winner for people who want basics

I like the idea of pulling a club and it telling me my average

I don't know if it has enough space to say "not far enough" tho

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I contacted Game Golf yesterday to get course remapped, very quick and easy to get it done and fingers crossed will be updated soon.