Has Game Golf finally died?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tried it tonight using the app for a couple of holes and its uploaded to the website with no problems. Can't see anyone elses recent rounds but there are active challenges still going on by look of it. All very strange

D

Deleted member 16999

Emailed Game Golf back in Feb asking about replacement tags, had an email today apologising for the delay getting back to me, but they’ve only just reopened after Covid closure.

Maybe some of the issues people have been having will now be resolved?

YandaB

Visit site
Emailed Game Golf back in Feb asking about replacement tags, had an email today apologising for the delay getting back to me, but they’ve only just reopened after Covid closure.

Maybe some of the issues people have been having will now be resolved?
That would be good.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They are definitely alive and well.

Been using their live help a few times

Answering emails again

Got them to map my courses back 9 .. I just drew where the holes were on Google maps for them and they managed to map it from that

Happy days

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
That's great news, i've logged 222 rounds on Game golf :)
About a month ago i tried out arcoss courtesy of the Ping offer, i tried it twice and it ate my 100% battery (android apparently better on iPhone) on my phone both times!! totally unusable. On twitter they suggested to get a link (further ££ on top of the subscription) but my mate has been wait months for his. Game Golf is the only option for me

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I been having real issues with my live and my Samsung S10..

Whenever I play using the app it loses half my round and I have to plug into my pc

When I plug into my pc my club doesn't work properly cuz the back 9 not mapped but other clubs do

Think they fixed the first issue by making me clear my cache and data

Anyways what do people do

Do you use the app and lock your phone or do you let the app self lock? Which I find uses a bloody lot of battery .....

He said I could always start the round . Do airplane mode then at end reconnect them.. that kind of defeats the object of having a phone lol

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i dont use my phone during the round, i've got gps for that.
i just upload afterwards
Is yours live or classic?

I don't use my phone. I start it on my phone as per what you do with a live device and at the end it's lost my round on the phone app

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
Mines the live version. Just switch the unit on 2min before your round (so it gains a gps signal) and play.
Then at home/bar, pair your phone with the unit and upload/edit.
So really I'm using as a classic but using the function of live to upload to phone rather than getting the pc/laptop upload

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mines the live version. Just switch the unit on 2min before your round (so it gains a gps signal) and play.
Then at home/bar, pair your phone with the unit and upload/edit.

Only issue with this is it hasn't mapped my course properly yet so the back 9 just goes on one hole

If you use the app at same time it does it correctly

it's weird

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It’s been a while since I used live one but the “safe” way if you don’t need “live” functionality was to just tag the round on the device without starting the app and then transfer via the desktop app as with classic.

If you are saying that your back 9 is not mapped that should be the same issue either way you do the round?

FWIW, they are not supporting any version but Pro from now on. Had a live support chat with an obnoxious person who was telling me that the golfers don’t want to tag anything...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s been a while since I used live one but the “safe” way if you don’t need “live” functionality was to just tag the round on the device without starting the app and then transfer via the desktop app as with classic.

If you are saying that your back 9 is not mapped that should be the same issue either way you do the round?

FWIW, they are not supporting any version but Pro from now on. Had a live support chat with an obnoxious person who was telling me that the golfers don’t want to tag anything...

They been really good supporting my live today actually but guess it's who you speak to

If you do it via the app it goes fine on the back 9 for some reason

I have been using as a classic for 9 months its just annoying as they don't support chrome books so have to start up my Mac which is old and slow

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Old and slow is good, the desktop app doesn’t work on the latest MacOS and they will not be updating it.

What about via a pc? I have to admit I've almost given up with game golf

Feel like shelling out £300 for the as does for my Garmin watch and then be done with the whole thing

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What about via a pc? I have to admit I've almost given up with game golf

Feel like shelling out £300 for the as does for my Garmin watch and then be done with the whole thing
Still works via Windows they said.

A friend has a Garmin and finds it too fiddly to use any of the features/tagging.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Still works via Windows they said.

A friend has a Garmin and finds it too fiddly to use any of the features/tagging.

Shame, my S60 is brilliant it doesn't miss a shot tracking just on swinging the club's (not tags)

Shame they can't get one decent product

albie999

Visit site
i dont use my phone during the round, i've got gps for that.
i just upload afterwards
I have been doing the same now for a while. Just start the Live GPS device, tag as I go round, and then upload via the app when it is all done

I did try to use the App again a few games ago, but again, it either crashed, did not pick up some shots etc etc, so now I just use MyRoundPro or Hole19 to get my GPS, and look at the GG data after the round, to see how I did in terms of distances, strokes gained etc

I did speak to GG Support about the app, and they saying things like, you cannot have 2 Bluetooth devices whilst running the live device (I use android wear watch), they wanted me to reset my phone, my watch, the live device .. which I have already done before. It would be nice if the App worked, but i will make do with how I am using it