Has Game Golf finally died?

YandaB

Visit site
I went to the GameGolf site today and got the following message: "{"status":500,"error":"CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection.","success":false}"
Doesn't look too good and no real surprise I think I have been expecting something like this for a while now.
Still, I enjoyed the stats while they lasted, not sure if I want to go to either Arccos or ShotScope (are there any other options?).

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I heard one the Mygolfspy team say hed heard the GG had closed their doors...in the US?
Nothing more concrete than that.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Sad news (from my perspective). Don't think I'll look for an alternative, but I did find them very accommodating for queries and assistance - they remapped our 15th and mapped the medal tee box for our 5th. Hopefully it's temporary, had heard no previous news.

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
I managed to upload rounds earlier in the year (March) but yesterday's round a no go.... On course it was still tagging but when I came to upload failure and logging into the website is a no go.
Truly gutted its gone, I used it all the time and have a few hundred rounds of data. Had great fun reviewing my round with my old man over skype.
Probably won't be buying an alternitve, especially if there's subscriptions involved.

Retailers should find out if it's gone as they should pull the stock from the shelves

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I thought it might have been just a website issue but then saw a reviewer on Amazon say that emails to support were bouncing too.

Any thoughts on the Shot Scope V2 product?

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I managed to upload rounds earlier in the year (March) but yesterday's round a no go.... On course it was still tagging but when I came to upload failure and logging into the website is a no go.
Truly gutted its gone, I used it all the time and have a few hundred rounds of data. Had great fun reviewing my round with my old man over skype.
Probably won't be buying an alternitve, especially if there's subscriptions involved.

Same here. I used to have an Arrcos enabled Cobra f7 driver but replaced the grip after a few days to allow my Game Golf tag to be used instead. Looked at using their smart tags but the $99/year subscription put me off.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I thought it might have been just a website issue but then saw a reviewer on Amazon say that emails to support were bouncing too.

I've tried the V2 and it was ok but I found it missed a lot of shots
I asked about it and they told me to take more practice swings...........right..:unsure:

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That was my problem...
Maybe look at Arccos....
The first years subscription is included in the price, might give it a go and if after a year decide whether to renew or not. Hope it works better than the Game Golf Pro kit, tried it for a few weeks but it was so hit and miss I reverted back to the original.

YandaB

Visit site
I've had a trawl round t'internet, there is a reddit thread that implies it has been down since Saturday, and another on The Hackers Paradise too. I was quite happy with the Game Golf Pro, my biggest issue was them running out of batteries, I had been sent at least 3 lots of replacements. Multiple practise swings is not my routine either.

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site

Shotscope V3 is just around the corner and looks a lot more polished. Probably worth waiting for that IMHO.