Has Game Golf finally died?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've tried the V2 and it was ok but I found it missed a lot of shots
I asked about it and they told me to take more practice swings...........right..:unsure:

I had exactly the same problem and answer. The watch was ok just for distances but I never got the information that I'd hoped for.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
This is strange as I use V2 never take a practice swing and it is very rarely it misses a shot. I've been really impressed with it
Same with me never missed a shot unless I gripped down on some chips, the tag needs to be very close to the watch for a successful read think that's why some get no shot read I dont think the stats are that great basically a distance monitor, for stats, arccos is the market leader I current use it and have done for most of last season never misses a shot, even sand shots and tap ins are picked up, the caddy I dont use, so being forced to pay for it to continue tracking my game is giving me thoughts on whether I want to keep using it or not

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Managed to upload a round yesterday, using a "classic" and so did it using the transfer app on a PC.

However I've noticed that the dashboard on the website isn't showing new rounds from others that I follow. I have a couple of mates that play at Sandown Park that use Game Golf but according to the dashboard their last rounds were 2 month ago. However when I got to the course I can see 3 recent rounds. I also didn't get the normal email notification when they posted their round. So it looks like Game Golf is not running 100% at the moment.

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
Same here, my rounds are showing but friends aren't coming up on my feed.
To be honest I'm just happy my rounds are there

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do we know if its up and running again? Watching a couple of auctions on ebay but don't want to pull the trigger if its fallen over permanently

YandaB

Visit site
I can now successfully login and get to my rounds, I hear others have been able to upload theirs. However if you go to the support page and click on any links there it results in a failure. "This site can’t be reached
gamegolf.desk.com’s server IP address could not be found."

Links to the user forums are also down
110-d719911b08abca4c13c48fa22689101d673f166db8eb6b69be9ee380ead8f7cb.png

This UserVoice instance is no longer available.

And these have both been like it for months.

I think that this is a real shame because I really liked the product but my advice would be to save your pennies.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd save your money until their confirmed back up and running

Mines been working again. Rounds log and away I go

However has anyone else had issued with it losing connection with the phone (live) I left my phone in my trolly and one hole I wasn't near my trolly as was waiting on the next tee

The rounds stopped tracking there.. can't find the device after that never re syncs

Had this before lock down aswell

If I plug into pc it's there in full no issues

Just wondered if anyone has had this? It's got worse since I switched to andriod it didn't do on iPhone

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I am on Arccos and over the weekend it was really hard/impossible to log in because they received data for 2 million golf shots and their servers couldn’t cope. You were able to play courses already downloaded, but you couldn’t get a new course onto your phone.

That’s all of us coming out of lockdown but not yet back in the office ;-)

Maybe game golf had similar problems.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Game Golf appears to working fine for your own rounds, however the online dashboard isn't displaying round of anyone that you follow.

I'm using a classic at the moment. I used to use a live model but always uploaded rounds via a mac (until that stopped working when macOS Mojave was released) and more latterly via a PC. I could never use the live functionality because of the long standing bug that caused a 2x9 round to get the shots for the two 9's to be merged into a single hole. That was another reason I gave up with the Pro very quickly.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Game Golf appears to working fine for your own rounds, however the online dashboard isn't displaying round of anyone that you follow.

I'm using a classic at the moment. I used to use a live model but always uploaded rounds via a mac (until that stopped working when macOS Mojave was released) and more latterly via a PC. I could never use the live functionality because of the long standing bug that caused a 2x9 round to get the shots for the two 9's to be merged into a single hole. That was another reason I gave up with the Pro very quickly.

A friend of mine uses his live as a classic which I might start doing

YandaB

Visit site
Is anyone here using game golf pro? Was about to pull the trigger on one but saw this post.
I have been using it and really liked it. I found it missed very few shots and was reliabe. However the batteries in the tags don't seem to last too long and they are not user replaceable. I have had about 2 sets replaced so far but now the support desk doesn't even exist to request more. I'm thinking of going back to classic but I'm not that bothered as I think the whole thing is on the way out (though I would be pleased to know otherwise). At one point they were telling me that new tags with replaceable batteries were on the way but have never arrived for me :-(