Has Game Golf finally died?

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The problem I have with uploading via the app is that if you play on a 9 hole course but do 18 holes (my home course), it merges the shots on each hole. Uploading via PC doesn't do this, the two 9 holes rounds are kept separate. So when I had a "live" device I would never use the app for uploading. The battery on that device failed and I replaced t with a cheap "classic" off eBay.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Managed to get it working well Tuesday

Took advice from here

Started as a classic

Did my round

Uploaded via the app afters

Fully worked aswell

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well played today. Didn't work
18 holes

Uploaded fine via the phone however back to being over 10 holes instead of 18 Nd all the shots piled on there instead of spread

(If you open the view on the pc u can see their all in the right place it just doesn't switch the hole)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well gamegolf themsleves might not have died by my live device has

Past 2 rounds hasn't completed the round

Refuse to pay £300 or whatever for pro and live is £150 average to replace ..

Only had it 3 years so don't want to keep replacing it

I've ordered the Garmin ct10 sensors for My Garmin S60 watch

Give them a go

Least then only one device to remember

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would be interested to know if people have found this type of device useful. Whilst I am sure they give you a better insight to your strengths and weaknesses, have they actually improved your game?
I dabbled with GG and like many I suspect, didn’t stick with it for long enough.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We have what seem to be a couple of GPS dropout areas on the course.
Skycaddie and Garmins don't always move over to the next hole and I've tried Arccos too and that loses GPS 2 or 3 times a round.
So it misses plenty of shots because the GPS has faded.
Weird but annoying.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I would be interested to know if people have found this type of device useful. Whilst I am sure they give you a better insight to your strengths and weaknesses, have they actually improved your game?
I dabbled with GG and like many I suspect, didn’t stick with it for long enough.
I got a lot out of game golf and arccos especially when I just started playing, distances, hit fairways and greens in reg, j also got to know what clubs I was stronger/weaker with, what part on my game needed the most practice, for me this biggest issue was accepting what the stats actually said and when I did my scores have tumbled,,

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I could track my improvement which is why I liked it

Also following my mates rounds we would have fun with that

Prob a novelty but worth it for me

Not replacing though just having a new system as been toying with for a while

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think these GPS devices and things like Arcoss etc will continue to develop and improve in terms of reliability. I would love to back into stat tracking, especially shots gained but there seems to be posts every now and then that bring up issues across most makes.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think these GPS devices and things like Arcoss etc will continue to develop and improve in terms of reliability. I would love to back into stat tracking, especially shots gained but there seems to be posts every now and then that bring up issues across most makes.

I've been using the free taylor made app for a while now. It does all your stats etc and does strokes gained. You can set the SG against a particular handicap as well which is a decent feature

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been using the free taylor made app for a while now. It does all your stats etc and does strokes gained. You can set the SG against a particular handicap as well which is a decent feature

I use the Garmin golf free app as my watch auto tracks shots

It's very good

Got more depth than I realized

I litterally got the sensors to save me editing what club I took. Proper lazy

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Another back on the TaylorMade app, I'm using my samsung galaxy active watch for clubs and gps position. enough info and FREE. saved me wasting my cash on a new device enough info to work with.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

I had GG when it first came out, was an early adopter of ShotScope and also tried the TM MyRoundPro which used a Microsoft Band if I remember correctly. Without going in to the pro's and cons of each device, the one overriding issue I had which lead me to eventually abandoning such devices was that I often stood over a shot thinking about how the outcome would affect my stats for that club. As a result I stopped concentrating on the actual job in hand and golf effectively became a statistics gathering exercise rather than game to be enjoyed.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

I tried both Game Golf and the first version of Shotscope and found neither reliable enough to record most of the shots I played. Not only did they cause problems trying to remember what clubs i hit that were missing but there were anomalies like 410 yard drive as they missed the 2 following shots , so, i had to remember not only where the driver hit stopped, which club i then hit and from where on a small overhead map - sometime when I'd played a couple more rounds and my memory may have faded!

D

Deleted member 16999

After using GG from the beginning and logging over 500 rounds I moved to Arccos when the GG customer service went downhill, truly believe GG helped me reduce my handicap by over 4 shots.

Impressed with Arccos as it gives more in depth analysis and tips for improving your game from PGA Coach’s.

Both miss the odd shot, but you really want to be a bit OCD about your stats to use either to their full capability, otherwise they are both just unnecessary gadgets.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
[QUOTE="nickjdavis, post: 2276368, member: 20988" the one overriding issue I had which lead me to eventually abandoning such devices was that I often stood over a shot thinking about how the outcome would affect my stats for that club. As a result I stopped concentrating on the actual job in hand and golf effectively became a statistics gathering exercise rather than game to be enjoyed.[/QUOTE]
I find myself doing that too

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
I used to be an avid GG user, and loved the way it gave me real life club distances, albeit with roll (but I hit the ball high so don't get a lot). I did start analysing strengths and weaknesses but modern day coaching is more effective for me, in identifying and analysing issues in my game. Also, using a high end simulator for those lessons gives you that club data far more readily (and probably more accurately). Playing the same course almost exclusively now, I know where I miss and what my bad shots are.
As a result I have stopped using GG. I have toyed with investing in a different system, but the cost is prohibitive to me, especially when i read reviews that suggests non are infallible in identifying shots accurately.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
the one overriding issue I had which lead me to eventually abandoning such devices was that I often stood over a shot thinking about how the outcome would affect my stats for that club. As a result I stopped concentrating on the actual job in hand and golf effectively became a statistics gathering exercise rather than game to be enjoyed.

I use to use a PC based stats device (Scoresaver 2) and then Game Golf and had exactly the same feeling. What will this drive do to FIR and what will my GIR average be if I miss this one from 130 yards. Made my golf too conservative and didn't play with freedom and feel