Happy and gutted

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
So I've hit a bit of form recently, the happy part! I've ditched the driver as when it's good it's great but when it's not it's costing me shots. Hybrid from the tee is finding fairways and not so punishing on the bad ones. Taking this on has got me qualified for our end of season 2 day final and a small dent in my handicap.

At the weekend we had a pairs bogey comp. I normally don't like these but we had a really good round in poor conditions. After losing the first hole I thought the writing was on the wall. As it turned out we didn't lose another and ended up 8 up against the course. We were quietly optimistic of being the first of our group to get our names up on a board comp.

The results came in this morning and we lost on count back! Thought our 2 pars on the last 2 holes would be enough. After never being really close before and the anticipation all day Sunday I'm flattened. The board is up where we sit after a round too, so would have been able to gaze with pride each week lol

Trying to take the positives! Glass half full etc.
Thanks for reading I'm off to cry myself to sleep!

D

Deleted member 21258

Well done, such a buzz playing well.

Keep it going.:thup:

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers Jim, taking the driver out of the equation has helped so much. Keeping the ball in play has no become my focus and has helped the scores tumble. I've had the odd blow up hole but that's about it.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well played good score. And I appreciate how gutted you felt - happened to me once. Miles ahead of the field then beaten by one shot from a late score. Like being kicked in the nadgers.

But today's another day - go get 'em.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well it started so well! 5 up after the 7th, then the wheels came off! Lost the 8th & 9th. Won the 10th back on track, oh no. Game went to pieces and lost the next holes ending up -1 down after the 15th. Managed to par the last three to finish +2. So annoyed as I won 9 holes. Ah well always next week! 36 holes end of season qualifier!