Handicaps

Do you train?

• Yes. I train specifically for golf.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I train specifically for another sport.

• Yes, I train to keep fit.

• No. I don't train.

• Total voters

level5s

Head Pro
Visit site
Reading all the posts regarding breaking 100/90/80's etc and the ones about practice tips and sessions. I am wondering just how good the forum actually is at golf to par. I appreciate we have nomads on the forum without offical handicaps but we all know what we play to roughly.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Official is 28 though performance has hovered a couple of points outside single figures when I've practiced enough & put in the work. Though on average I think without overly practicing it hovers in the region of 16 to 24 performance-wise.

Not played any official comps since leaving the Brailsford last year. Well I left them this year, in March, but last comp was at the end of last summer, so that's what I'm counting.

B

birdieman

5.2 now, was at 4.7 in mid July, lowest ever 4.0 two years ago. However was playing off 5.7 in the late 1980's before metal woods and proV1's so things haven't progressed much since schooldays really!

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thought I'd made it into Category 1 yesterday however the CSS dropped a shot as well so only got cut to 5.6 - bummer!

Lowest has been 5.4 and was that for 1 week last summer.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Im 17.8 exactly although playing to around 20 over each time currently- I just haven't entered any comps (so haven't got a raise) or really played much on the course due to one of my playing partners caring for his dad who hasn't got long left and the other becoming more and more tied up in business affairs. That leaves me pretty stuck for company at the moment but I am looking at finding new partners for the time being as soon as possible. I'll be off single figures in know time! ;)

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
13.8 just now but playing like a single figure from tee to green and like a drunken one-eyed badger when putting, thus keeping me scoring in and around the 14 mark.

Had set a personal target of 12 for end of this season so bit of work to be done to acheive my goal.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Started on 11.5...now, after effort and toil....11.6!

If I'd started on 13.5, interestingly I'd be on 13.6.
Odd that. :)

Best scores this year, 2 x 79 and 1 x 80 (Not at home) Worst score 1 x 89, about 25 x 86s! :)

Rather spookily.....on my home course.....I'm nearly always 12 over after 15.....

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
13.8 just now but playing like a single figure from tee to green

What sort of GIR are you managing? I'm intrigued because I know the blind badger thing :)

Yesterday, I played 9 and hit 2 :) I think I prefer to miss the green than putt with the help of GPS. :)

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
13.8 just now but playing like a single figure from tee to green

What sort of GIR are you managing? I'm intrigued because I know the blind badger thing :)

Yesterday, I played 9 and hit 2 :) I think I prefer to miss the green than putt with the help of GPS. :)

Last sunday I hit 12 GIR and still managed to take 37 putts :(
Not hard to tell what part of my game is letting me down :D

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Started the season really well, got down to 5.7 and was looking good then the wheels fell off. Now up to 6.5…….that’s 7 and I don’t like it one bit. I do feel at any minute I could burn up a golf course and other times I’m completely lost. Played great last night knocking out the champion to get to the final of the clubs seniors championship and I’m still in the summer pairs after knocking out the holders.

Match play-not bad, stroke play-real dodgy.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stuck on 27 at the moment. Playing to my handicap in every comp I enter but have not quite had the round to get me cut.

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
Down to 4.8 now, started the year at 7.2 if only I could putt! Had 40 putts the other day and shot 4 over gross off the back tees.