Handicaps

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unfortunately these things depend on your handicap committee and how active they are. Some are better than others. If you have had 16 .1 and no increase, I would go and have a chat.
Thanks for the reply.
I was off five and went up to eight last year I don’t really want to go up more .
I am fit again now so trying to get back down this year .
I was only asking as I had so many .1s I thought they would have flagged it.
Thanks again.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
I was off five and went up to eight last year I don’t really want to go up more .
I am fit again now so trying to get back down this year .
I was only asking as I had so many .1s I thought they would have flagged it.
Thanks again.
The system would have flagged it - what happens next is the variable! There's a whole load of should, overlayed with consideration and conclusion. Then there's also a complete failure to have any appropriate process in place to run the program or spot the flag in the first place.
The only unfortunate product of the increased focus on the AR is that on going considerstions do, for some, get simply overlooked!
For me the very idea of a player bringing things to the attention of the handicap committee represents a failure of some sort (they should already be looking at anomalies and asking the player what's happening!)
If you are able to play to 8 now then great- if not then whether you want to have a higher handicap or not it should be increased; your scores will affect the CSS calculation so your handicapmshould be as reflective as possible (but you know that). I'm sure you will be back down pretty quickly 🤗

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just a question ,
I had a injury last feb and had 20x.1 last year only made buffer once in there.
My hcap did go up by the correct amount but I had no word from hcap committee at all .
Is this a rule or do they have discretion over increases or not.
Hope that makes sense.

They may have looked at the scores and decided that as the 20 x 0.1 had given you a 2 shot increase in your handicap further increase was not appropriate. They may have personal knowledge of you and your injury and decided it was something you would recover from an therefore not given an additional increase.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They may have looked at the scores and decided that as the 20 x 0.1 had given you a 2 shot increase in your handicap further increase was not appropriate. They may have personal knowledge of you and your injury and decided it was something you would recover from an therefore not given an additional increase.
Yes that does seem logical.
Thanks for your time.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The system would have flagged it - what happens next is the variable! There's a whole load of should, overlayed with consideration and conclusion. Then there's also a complete failure to have any appropriate process in place to run the program or spot the flag in the first place.
The only unfortunate product of the increased focus on the AR is that on going considerstions do, for some, get simply overlooked!
For me the very idea of a player bringing things to the attention of the handicap committee represents a failure of some sort (they should already be looking at anomalies and asking the player what's happening!)
If you are able to play to 8 now then great- if not then whether you want to have a higher handicap or not it should be increased; your scores will affect the CSS calculation so your handicapmshould be as reflective as possible (but you know that). I'm sure you will be back down pretty quickly 🤗
Well I hope I can get back down.
Thanks.