Handicapping

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
:cool:

I was feeling guilty I didn't know if there were the equivilent of county golf unions in Scotland - Phil's post suggests there aren't.

I think its just the SGU and thats it. as i mentioned there was a guy at my club who sort of gave up for about 8 years who was off scratch, was asked to put 3 cards, but then told not to and given 0 again. Good golfer, died not long ago. i posted about him at the time had 5 or 6 outbuilding rammed with golf clubs and bags. he had 50 sets of Ping eye2 in the beryllium copper alone.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think its just the SGU and thats it. as i mentioned there was a guy at my club who sort of gave up for about 8 years who was off scratch, was asked to put 3 cards, but then told not to and given 0 again. Good golfer, died not long ago. i posted about him at the time had 5 or 6 outbuilding rammed with golf clubs and bags. he had 50 sets of Ping eye2 in the beryllium copper alone.

Ah, ok, even more info there now.

Who decided he should be allocated Scr without returning any cards will probably remain a mystery but the SUB will have had to ratify the allocation and process!

Don't mention outbuildings rammed with clubs and bags too loudly - I'm in serious trouble over that at the moment and the argument that I need the bags to keep the clubs stored isn't going down too well!

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
I was actually in a very similar position. I joined my current club last year, having not been a member anywhere for around 8 years, my old handicap which was pre-CDH was removed from their database by my old club so essentially I started again.

I just had to put in three cards, went around once with the GM but didn't have to it's just a thing my club do to get people a handicap as new golfers may not know many people who can mark their card.

As I remember it had to be three cards, marked and signed by someone with good standing within the club and with a CONGU handicap, although I never worked out what good standing within the club meant.

As advised elsewhere, best ask the Handicap secretary as they will be the ones who actually give you your handicap, so whatever they say goes

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ah, ok, even more info there now.

Who decided he should be allocated Scr without returning any cards will probably remain a mystery but the SUB will have had to ratify the allocation and process!

Don't mention outbuildings rammed with clubs and bags too loudly - I'm in serious trouble over that at the moment and the argument that I need the bags to keep the clubs stored isn't going down too well!

I think it was just the Handicap Sec, though i think he did ask the North District.

Hope you don't have as many bags as Gordy, he had 250 in one shed, he even had on just full of shafts!!!

His wife was flabbergasted how much stuff he had stashed and didn't know about any of it