Handicap rules when a member of 2 clubs

gdc

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all hoping some the knowledgable people on here help me out with the below.me.

I'm going to join a second club so I will be a member of 2 different clubs. I'm doing this so I can play in more competitions throughout the summer. I know that I have to name one club as my Home club.

Scenario - My handicap is 4.5 and I play at my away course in a Saturday comp in the morning and shoot Net 71 when normal CSS is 72. However the SS for the day will not be set until all cards are returned.
I then play at my home course in the afternoon in a competition. So what would I play off? My understanding is I would play off 4.5 until any reduction is confirmed by away club - is that correct?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
No again. You must cut yourself in the first situation you describe but you cannot self-increase in the second situation.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
as both the above responses indicate, the easiest way to look at it is that it's exactly the same as playing at one course - except that
1. you will end up having to manage your handicap a lot more
2. you may (will probably) have to wait a little longer for some increases to be processed

if the clubs are on the ball you may notice no difference

gdc

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks chaps. Been trying to read rules online but not easy to do on ipad as they are all mastered on doc types that aren't supported by apple technology.

gdc

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't know how you managed to view this on an ipad as I get the message 'Sorry this document is not available for the ipad'.

Anyhow I've looked on my desktop and rule 20.11 is exactly as you stated.

Cheers

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok folks, a related question.

I'm 7.4 at the moment and I'm playing a home comp on Saturday and an away one on Sunday. There's no way Saturday's results will be out in time so I know that even if I'm going up I'll still have to play off 7 on Sunday. However, if that happens, is sunday's score still worked out off 8 for handicap purposes. (After sats results come out)

(I can't read that doc on iPad either)

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok folks, a related question.

I'm 7.4 at the moment and I'm playing a home comp on Saturday and an away one on Sunday. There's no way Saturday's results will be out in time so I know that even if I'm going up I'll still have to play off 7 on Sunday. However, if that happens, is sunday's score still worked out off 8 for handicap purposes. (After sats results come out)

(I can't read that doc on iPad either)

handicap software will process them in date order, and will, for example, redo adjustments if and when prior scores are entered.

so yes, you are off 7 until 8 is published (worth checking in with HDID just before you tee off :)) but any handicap adjustment in respect of Sunday will be against 8; in exactly the same way as if you simply elect to play of 6 on Sunday (for whatever reason!)

apologies for the misleading comment re iPad - checking up, apparently there was some sort of OS modification and additional software on the one that I had used on that occassion that I wasn't aware of. For the SGU players (such as your good self) you should be using the SGU manual which is available as a .pdf here

http://www.scottishgolf.org/files/CONGU_UHS_2012-20153.pdf

and other ipad users can also benefit from this but should be careful around the areas of ESR and re-activating handicaps where there are (currently) differences.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Why are you thinking that way FD?

Surely you should be thinking 'Do I have to wait until Sunday's result is published before playing off 6?'!:whistle: