Handicap question.

Ali-G

Hacker
Visit site
:confused:
CSS is 66
My handicap is 21.4 (21)
Stableford comp, qualifying. I score 44pts.
I blob two par 4's so they get put down on the computer as 7's, so handicap computer says I have shot a gross 82.

What will my new HCAP be calaculated to be? I think 19.4 ....but HDID computer says 19.6??

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Your nett differential was -5, meaning you lost 1.8 (3 x 0.4 plus 2 x 0.3) bringing you down to 19.6.

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
A lot of clubs finish qualifiers in Nov and don't start again till March.

Shouldn't happen as long as the course doesn't change too much due to Winter tees or Greens.

Indeed. Our comps are usually qualifiers all year round - only occasionally do they "pull the plug" on it.

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ali, from the 69/67/66 numbers, was this at Drayton? If I'm right about that, great result - rather better than my 32 in the same comp (actually, on re-reading, 44 is a great result anyway isn't it, regardless of course or my score!)

And if I'm right about the course, then all comps are qualifiers at ours. I guess that would change for temporary greens but they haven't been needed yet this winter.

Ali-G

Hacker
Visit site
...yep. As long as there are no temp greens / tee boxes, then qualifiers continue all year. I guess the CSS balances out any changes in conditions to a point.