Handicap, Here I Come

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played 18 at Wike Ridge, Leeds, last night, the first roundin some six weeks.

Only played this course once previously and hit 133, my best 18 holes is 123.

Last night I hit 104, 19 shots off my previous best and 29 off my previous round at Wike Ridge.

Everything seemed to come together last night, made a real effort on every shot not to grip the club to tight or swing to hard and hit decent length drives. None were too wayward. Plenty in the rough but none out of bounds.

There are no 9s or 10s on my card and that is the 1st time that has happened.

I was regularly hittin the green from 150ish and usually I got close from that distance but still had to chip on.

Also the greens were very poor as they has little stones and what looked like rabbit dorppings on - we were warned of this as they're doing something to them. Top something, can't remember what they said.

can't wait to get out again now, hopefully not another six weeks.

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nice one - it feels so good to get there - then some sod changes your handicap and it starts all over again.

Keep it up and you will be breaking the 100's soon enough.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
You will be amazed how quickly your handicap falls once you break the 100 barrier. The 100 mark seems difficult at first but once you've cracked it you'll reap the rewards. Keep going.

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It felt good when the total was added up at the end. I new I had played better than ever before, but didn't expect to have broken 110.

I know where I could have improved the round too as twice I tried (and failed) to carry water when I really should have laid up.

Because I was hitting the ball I was confident I could take the water out of play but now I know that was over confidence.