Handicap flux

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Whats the biggest lift anyones managed in a single round? Record at my place is a 0.8 already!! That would previously have taken nearly 2 months!

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Dropped .9 after coming second in a medal last year - that seemed to be the biggest drop

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Determined by the difference between the oldest score due to drop out of your 8/20 and the one that replaces it. If one of your better scores falls out and you replace it with a mediocre one (either from the most recent round or the previously 9th best score), the handicap can rise a decent amount.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Determined by the difference between the oldest score due to drop out of your 8/20 and the one that replaces it. If one of your better scores falls out and you replace it with a mediocre one (either from the most recent round or the previously 9th best score), the handicap can rise a decent amount.

OK, I've done my best, but I'm only 50% sure that this is correct. There are enough bright sparks on here to spot my mistakes, if I've made any. I will be grateful, however, for corrections to this.
HI fluctuation flow chart.jpg

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK, I've done my best, but I'm only 50% sure that this is correct. There are enough bright sparks on here to spot my mistakes, if I've made any. I will be grateful, however, for corrections to this.
View attachment 35938

Took a quick look and that seems about right.

When playing a round, if you are one of those people obsessed by your handicap, you will need to know which of the 20 scores is due to expire. If it is not one of the 8, your handicap cannot rise, but could fall if you displace the worst of the scores in the 8 with a better one.

If the score due to expire is one of the 8, then you need to match or beat it to avoid a rise.

Swango1980

Visit site
I played with a chap yesterday, whose Index was 7.9. He shot a 78, and that round made his top 8 (just). That adjusted his handicap index to 8.4 for the next day, an increase in 0.5.