Handicap adjustment

Rsince81

Hacker
Visit site
Hi there, quick handicap query.
I recently recieved my first handicap at the beginning of September, and in order to activate this new handicap, my club required me to hand in three more cards via competition play or supplementary rounds.
Three supplementary rounds later, I find myself with 0.3 back!! Fair enough, however I was sure that I buffered on two of the cards, but clearly not according to the handicap secretary.
I believed that, with a handicap of 22 (cat 4), I would be buffering by hitting between 22-26 over sss, and therefore would see no adjustment (taking into consideration maximum of double bogey on any given hole).
This has confused me as the last card I handed in on Sunday of 100 (+30 over sss of 70), was in fact 95 (+25 over sss) after the double bogey adjustment, therfore within the buffer zone??

Here is a link to the card: http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/324-8033445-8033782

Am I missing something? Any help would be much appreciated for future reference!

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rounding down to doubles once you have a handicap is to nett doubles, so a treble on SI's 5-18, and quad-bogeys on SI's 1-4.

I'm guessing that's where you're getting the difference.

markyjee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Agree with region3, looking at your scorecard you would only have 1 shot removed at the 9th ( 8 nett 7 at par 4).

Rsince81

Hacker
Visit site
Right, so its only adjusted to a double AFTER the shots I recieve have been taken off?

For example, If I shoot a 10 on our stroke index 1 (where I recieve 2 shots), the nett 8 will be adjusted to a 6?

I think I'm still a bit confused!

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yes, It becomes an 8 as your HCP is deducted at the end. The reduction is effectively to the lowest score that you can make on that hole without scoring any stableford points.

So the limits for a 22 HCP are +3 pn strokes 5-18 and +4 on strokes 1-4.

Hope that makes sense.

Rsince81

Hacker
Visit site
I think it's clicked, thanks fellas. Basically, I've been adjusting the gross scores to double bogey, and then deducting handicap!!

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stableford adjustments reduce high scores to 1 more than that which would have attracted 1 Stableford point. Supplementary scores are based on SSS - no CSS is calculated.

DCB

Visit site
and in order to activate this new handicap, my club required me to hand in three more cards via competition play or supplementary rounds.

Another quaint local custom obviously.

"There's your handicap Mr Member and thank you for putting in your cards for an initial allocation. Oh by the way, we need another three cards, just to make sure we've got it right and you don't scoop up any prizes meantime"

Aye right !