Halfway huts - how good is yours? (if you have one)

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our halfway hut is a gem, its open most days and is great value, tea/coffee + a sausage or bacon roll is circa £2, soup for a £1, choccies and cakes. Most members use it and would be devastated to lose it.

Chokeahontas

Medal Winner
Visit site
Our 9th green is about 50 yards tops from the clubhouse but we still have a halfway hut to the side of the tee boxes on the 10th. I guess that makes it easier to staff the hut?

I don't know what food they do as I don't like to eat during a round, I think the usual bacon baps and soup and stuff. I do usually buy a bottle of water though and they do have a very cold fridge.

Bit pricey but we're a 'year round Stay and Play' course so the vast majority of players are visitors, scalping them a bit to put back into our course isn't so bad :D

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
How good is ours? Don't know, but we only start building it next week. Going to be between 7th & 12th greens (and therefore also adjacent 8th &13th tees which are also starting points). Looking forward to it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes. You can't call it the halfway hut or you will be in breach of the Trade Descriptions Act 1968. Can I recommend the "11/18th-of-the-way hut" or the "61.111...%-of-the-way hut". You might need a long sign. Alternatively, build four extra holes.

Maybe we should call it The Bide-a-Wee Hut

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Ours is a nice grab and go hut for Bacon and Sausage cobs. Tea, coffee, lager.
and on the other course we have a refreshment cart doing much the same although the guys sell a drop of whiskey for a quid in your coffee.

The alchohol is huge welcome if I've NR'd and I'm being flag man.

snakehips

Hacker
Visit site
Yes. You can't call it the halfway hut or you will be in breach of the Trade Descriptions Act 1968. Can I recommend the "11/18th-of-the-way hut" or the "61.111...%-of-the-way hut". You might need a long sign. Alternatively, build four extra holes.

Point taken, however I must argue with your maths.

There are definitely 19 holes, I know this because I can play the 19th much better than the other holes.

Therefore it would be 'the 11/19th-of-the-way-hut' or the '57.89%-of-the-way-hut'

:D

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ours is the best in the country bar non.

Ran by a lady called Mary who has been there for years. Bacon and burgers are £1.20, baps are £1.
Chocolate bars 50p, tea or coffee 30p, cans of pop are 60p ish.

open Friday afternoons and weekends from about 8:30-3:30 or so.

I think the club would have a melt down if she ever left :mad:

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our course returns to the clubhouse at the turn so we can stop in to spikes bar for a quick snack. It gets used more in the winter than in the summer to be honest.

Looking forward to sampling the famous sausage sandwich at Sunningdale at Forum meet though. :)