Halfway houses

sjw

Visit site
We have had a small hut built by the 10th tee. Tiny, enough to have a vending machine, maybe a small stall to sell hot pasties or something? And a little outside seating area. Was built in the summer, but still isn't open, and has only been used for a MacMillan coffee morning. Seems a huge opportunity missed to not get SOMETHING in it yet.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Pre-COVID, Stoke Rochford had a walkie-talkie on the tenth tee that enabled you to place your order for the "halfway" house (actually after the tenth green). Good system, minimised any delays. I know they removed it during COVID but note sure if it has now been replaced. I'm playing an open there next month so I guess I'll find out.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pre-COVID, Stoke Rochford had a walkie-talkie on the tenth tee that enabled you to place your order for the "halfway" house (actually after the tenth green). Good system, minimised any delays. I know they removed it during COVID but note sure if it has now been replaced. I'm playing an open there next month so I guess I'll find out.

Yes, it is back, my brother is a member there.

When I was a member there, you just ordered at the hut but as the bacon was part cooked it only took a couple of minnutes.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

One of the courses here has an old style UK red phone box on 9th tee for same purpose

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
East Sussex National had an intercom on the 9th tee of both courses, last time I was there they had replaced it with a phone number to call. Either way it worked well to keep play moving while getting to enjoy a bacon, sausage or egg sandwich and some hot drinks.
When I was a member at Brokenhurst Manor, their halfway hut was almost never open.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mid Sussex has one serving amongst other things excellent hot sausage rolls. East Brighton, you ring from the tee and a bacon or sausage sandwich awaits you when you putt out.