Half set of clubs.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
I take 3W, 3H, 4H, 6-pw, 56° and putter as my 'full set', so only 10 anyway. Don't see much need to reduce it from that.

Will be 11 soon but the driver is staying out of my bag until my wages from my new job start coming in so I can get some lessons. Adds at least 15 strokes per round if I use it at the moment, and my 3 wood goes further off the tee anyway.

tom.golf

Visit site
Whats peoples views on using half a set of clubs? I am Thinking of using D, 3H, 5,7,8, Pw, SW and Putter as my game seems to have went back over and I believe this is due to overthinking what clubs to use on shots.
I found that when I am struggling with my game, taking out a half set to the course helps me work on my shot shaping and creativity. I take Driver, 4 iron, 6 iron, 8 iron, PW, 60 degree and putter. Sometimes I shoot better with a half set than with a full set! :)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
During winter I use a small carry bag using half a set.
Alternating odd & even numbers every couple of weeks.
I very seldom play 18 holes during winter.

Steviefella

Visit site
I’m playing a half set more often too, good way to practice playing different shots.
Waiting on a cheeky half set of PXG 0211 clubs for keeping as a go to half set bag.
Driver, 3 Hybrid, 7i, 9i, 48w 54w and putter.
Not playing comps or anything and just got handicap of 19.8 recently, but like how it makes you think more about each shot.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’m playing a half set more often too, good way to practice playing different shots.
Waiting on a cheeky half set of PXG 0211 clubs for keeping as a go to half set bag.
Driver, 3 Hybrid, 7i, 9i, 48w 54w and putter.
Not playing comps or anything and just got handicap of 19.8 recently, but like how it makes you think more about each shot.
Were you able to order a half set directly from pxg or how does it work?

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played a comp last weekend with 8 clubs: SW, PW, 8, 6, 4h, 5w and driver and shot an 84.

Played today with a full set and shot a 93. Coincidence? Probably not, but I really do enjoy playing with less clubs and even my 'full set' is only ever 12 or 13 clubs.